~ Twenty-Two ~

"Circe is a very powerful sorceress, the first of the Wiccans. She is a demigoddess, either the daughter of Helios with an Oceanid name Perse or with the goddess Hecate. Either way, Circe inherited magic from her parents. She had a close connection with nature, most especially with animals. She learnt to create potions and charms from herbs and plants she gathered from her island, Aeaea. She had a wand which she would use to transform her enemies into beasts. One of her famous transfiguration spell is turning Odysseus's men into swines. She is also the sorceress who turned Scylla into a horrible monster. Circe is feared throughout the land of Greece and it is said she is the only one with the knowledge of the Underworld's entrance from the upper world."

"Pandora is the all-gifted creation of the Olympian gods, bestowed with every possible gift the gods can give: beauty, wit, grace, and beautiful robes. But the greatest gift was from Zeus, a pithos made from the clay where a once majestic tree grew, carved into it is the shape of a beautiful round fruit. The god also gave her the gift of curiosity. Zeus warned Pandora to never open the jar but her curiosity overwhelmed her. She opened the jar and released evils to the world. These evils would soon be called the 'Veil of Darkness'. But all hope was not lost. Inside the jar was also a goddess, Elpis, bringer of hope. With her is the'Shroud of Light', the only artifact capable of destroying the veil," Namjoon says, finally finishing.

"So, how can this help us?" Tae asks again.

"We can learn many things from the life of the First Rulers. And if my hunches are right, the place where Jin was can give us valuable information," Namjoon answers.

"Something clicked in my mind when I heard Pandora's story," Yoongi says. "Do you think the Veil of Darkness has something to do with the shade that entered Jin hyung?"

"I don't wanna know, but can it actually be?" Jin adds.

"It is possible. But the Veil of Darkness and the Shroud of Light are being kept. The Forbidden Fruit is not actually a fruit, it is the jar that contains these artifacts. It is called as such because the jar was made from the soil where the Tree of Good and Evil grew," Namjoon explains. "So in theory, The Veil of Darkness and the Shroud of Light, along with the Forbidden Fruit, are within the hands of a secret organization."

"But what if that organization has something to do with all of this? What if they released the shades from the Underworld?" Jungkook says.

Suddenly, your head begins to throb. You grip the couch's armrest to steady yourself but you feel dazed. You begin to hear voices whispering. Then, the whispers grow loud until you hear words.

"Find the Shroud of Light... Destroy the Veil!" one voice says.

"The Light... It will help us! Elpis!" another shrieked.

The voices kept saying the same thing and it makes your headache worse. "Stop it!" you scream and the boys turn to you in surprise.

"Eunji? What's wrong?" Jin asks, concerned.

"I am hearing voices again. They're saying to find the Shroud of Light. It will destroy the Veil," you reply.

"So we are right, the Veil is causing all this!" Hobi exclaims.

All of a sudden, Jimin's eyes light up. "The prophecy, everyone. What was it again?" he asks.

"Hold on, let me read it," Namjoon says while he looks for the page.

He finds it and he reads the prophecy to all of you again.

The son of magic succumbs to sin,
To darkness will he be akin.
The house of spells beholds his wrath,
As he treads the wicked path.

And chaos will come, the world's at stake,
As dominion of gods shall he come to take.
Then shall come the chosen one,
The one who holds the goddess' wand.
With seven princes to be on her aid,
They'll fight darkness with spells and blades.

A battle of strength shall then ensue,
And fate shall decide between the two.
As light has comrades, the dark has too,
To the king of fire shall he align to.
A traitor of light will he create,
So terror may he bring upon the eight.

"That's it. Everything lines up, this Son of Magic may have the Veil of Darkness. It says 'as he treads the wicked path', which can mean using the artifact. It also says 'as dominion of gods shall he come to take' further hinting at this. The Veil of Darkness is an artifact gifted by Zeus, who is a god," Namjoon says.

"But how about the next lines, 'the one with the goddess' wand'?" Tae asks.

You come into a sudden realization. "The goddess' wand is referring to Circe's wand. My spell, I need to cast it to retrieve the wand!" you say.