~ Eighteen ~

Jimin closes his eyes, slowly raising his arms in the process. The vapor in the air liquify into blobs of water and when Jimin throws his arms upward, the water gathers around him. "Telum: virgam unda!" he shouts. He opens his eyes and they shine like sunshine reflected on the water.

He reaches out his right hand forward and lightning strikes him. When the lightning disappears, a scepter is now in his hand. It is the color of the sea and a pearl rests on top of it. Jimin points the scepter forward, summoning a huge tidal wave to rush forward. Fortunately, it hits no one.

With a deep breath, Jimin tries to regain his composure as he returns to his place. He takes a look at the weapon in his hand and he smiles.

"I'll go next!" Yoongi exclaims from his spot. He pets his snaky hair before heading to the center circle. Inhaling, he opens his arms wide and rocks start to lift from the ground. He brings his arms higher and the ground start to shake and rumble. "Telum: lapis clypeus!" he shouts as a beam of light shoots out of his eyes.

The beam hits the ground before him and as he looks up, a chunk of rock comes flying out of the ground. He reaches for it and the rock flies toward him, shaping itself into a shield. The terrifying face of a gorgon is smacked on the middle, surrounded by rows of scales.

He throws the shield forward and it zips into a nearby wall, cracking it and causing it to crumble. As the charge leaves him, he realises his error and he mutters, "Sorry, I'll get that fixed."

The rest of you laugh as he returns to sit at his seat. He places the shield beside him and he glances at Jin who begins to trod to the middle.

As Jin stands in the circle, shadow starts to pool around his feet. He closes his eyes and he opens his arms, palms facing the ground. The shadows rise from his feet to gather at his hands as he shouts, "Telum: rosa virgam!"

Suddenly, the sky begins to darken, but not like Namjoon's navy night sky. It was black and stormy as if the cosmos just disappeared. As he looks forward, you see that Jin's eyes are pure black and starting to cry blood. This clearly freaks everyone out.

"Is that supposed to happen?" Jungkook whimpers. Staring wildly at Jin, you shrug.

Jin places his right hand forward and a rose staff rises from the shadows. It is made of green metal and a crimson rose sat atop of it. Jin raises the staff and tall rose stalks surround the courtyard, blocking everything out.

Knowing that the spell is done, you walk towards Jin but you feel your chest tighten. You grasp it as you drop to the ground. "Wha– what's happening," you choke.

"Eunji! Hyung enough!" Namjoon shouts but Jin won't budge. Instead the rose grows higher.

The boys rush to you to see what's wrong. Your magical charge is gone as if wiped out and you feel tired. You try to cast a spell but it won't work. You all look at the vampire in the middle of the courtyard.

"We gotta stop him before something else goes wrong!" Namjoon says.

===========>•o•<==========

Cate prepares a satchel of potions and charms in her room while Jinsoo polishes his sword. Today is the day that they'll be going to Medea Prison, once the prison of the Dark One. But just recently, he has broken out.

After fixing her stuff, Cate goes to the closet to pick out an outfit. She chooses a ruby-colored trench dress and black leather boots. Going in the bathroom, she changes into her ensemble and when she exits, she sees that Jinsoo has changed as well.

He is wearing a black turtleneck with a black leather jacket and black jeans. He is also sporting black combat boots.

Jinsoo looks at Cate and gives an assuring smile, "We'll get to the bottom of this, Cate. He won't go far."

Cate nods slowly. "I'm not sure about that but we must have hope. We are the only ones the witches can rely on," she replies.

"Don't look glum. Wear your hat, I'll meet with Wooyoung," Jinsoo replies. He kisses Cate on the cheek before leaving the room.

Grabbing her red witch hat, Cate follows. She sighs, if only everything ends well.

==========>•o•<==========
Hey everyone, the update is short but this is in preparation of the chapter to come.

What happened to Jin and will Eunji have her powers again? Will Cate and Jinsoo be able to track down the Dark One? The next chapter will reveal the answers. Stay safe everyone and keep reading!!! 💜💜💜