~ One ~

How does it feel to be outside? How does it feel to have friends! How does it feel to live without limitations? I want to be free!

You sit impatiently beside the window and stare at the houses of your neighborhood. All you dreamt your entire life is to exit these walls and walk those busy street or hop across the grassy lawns. But, your parents just had to be too protective.

'It's for your safety,' they always say. It's suffocating! They always want to protect you from things that won't even harm you. After all you're a witch. Nothing and no one can go against you without risking being turned into frogs. Your parents just don't want you outside and for a useless, irrational reason. Ughhh! It's so damn annoying.

You stand from your seat to walk towards the bed. Fishing your phone from the side table, you plop at the cushions and snuggle in the warm sheets.

"Guess I'd just open Twitter," you say. You click the bird icon and the screen turns blue with a white bird logo. Soon, the phone is filled with numerous tweets filing on your feed. 'Primum Domum Chooses You' trends number one and you are drawn towards the text. What the actual fuck is a Primum Domum? Your thumb ghosts above the tweet before a knock resounds on your door.

"Eunji, can we talk?" your dad asks from outide the room. You glare at the door and roll your eyes. You stand up to open it and your Dad enters.

Climbing back to the sheets, your dad follows. He sits at the side of your bed while you use your phone again.

"What do you want?" you ask nonchalantly as you give him a side look.

"You know that we're doing this for your own good, dear," he says. "It's to keep you safe."

"Safe from what Dad?! I'm a witch!" you exclaim.

Your dad shrugs, "Exactly! You're a witch Eunji. You don't belong to this world. What happens when the people learn of your true identity?"

Your dad has a point. "But still, you can't just let me rot here inside the house," you say.

"Don't over exaggerate dear," your mom interrupts. She walks in from the door to sit beside you as well.

"We know we've been keeping you inside for years, and we admit we've been too carried away," your mom says. "That's why we're here. We have very important news for you."

With that, you raise a brow. "And what could it be Mom?" you ask.

"Your Dad and I decided to send you to your Auntie. You will be studying and living with her," your mom replies.

Living. The word echoes in your ear. "Hold on, living with Auntie?!" you exclaim in surprise and thrill.

"Yes. We want to get back to you and this is the only way. Your Auntie misses you too," your dad says.

The anger that was inside you a while ago fades and you are filled with happiness and gratitude to your parents. You rush to hug both of them, giggling.

"Thank you Mom and Dad," you say softly.

"You're welcome dear," your mom replies. You break from the hug and stand from the bed.

"Now shoo! I have to fix my stuff," you say, grinning.

"Sure honey, we'll leave you to it," your dad replies, grinning as well. They exit the room, but before that your mom gives a final word.

"Your Auntie will pick you up tomorrow morning. So rest up and relax," she says before finally turning away and closing the door.

A new chapter of your life has just begun. Soon, you'll be leaving the city and into the world of your Auntie. Whatever other people will say, you are ready for what is to come.

==========>•o•<==========

You wake up from your sleep, feeling energised and excited. With a quick yawn, you stand from your bed before fixing it. Before heading out of the room, you head into the bathroom to take a cold, morning bath.

Entering the shower, you strip of your old clothes, placing them on the sink, and you turn the tap on. The air these days have been hot and humid, so having a cold shower will help you feel refreshed. The water from the nozzle touches your hair before falling slowly to the rest of your body. Brrrr, you shiver from the coldness, but you carry on with the shower.

After minutes of taking a bath, you finally exit the shower and dry yourself with a towel. You oeave the bathroom and you enter your walk-in-closet. What a luxurious thing to have! Sad that you'll be leaving the house from today. Hopefully, where you'll be staying would be grand too. With the new found energy, you start rummaging through your clothes.

You don't have that much left, seeing most of them are in bags, packed and ready to go. However, there are still good fashion pieces left in the closet. You think to yourself, What would Auntie want to see? Seeing that your Auntie herself is a goddess of fashion, you really want to impress her. Even leave her in awe.

You finally decide on a witchy and cute ensemble. A red dress with flowing sleeves gives off a vintage vibe and you decide to go with it. Taking a black witch hat to match your outfit, you saunter out of the room.

Mewww! A cat meows from under you. You feel a light brushing of fur on your leg and you look down to see a fur ball of black.

"Midnight! Aww my little dearie, I'll be leaving you. Promise me you'll be good girl to my parents okay," you tell it. You rub its head and Midnight purrs.

With a last pat, you leave the room and into the kitchen you go

The kitchen smells of freshly baked pancakes as well as hotdogs and eggs. And you're right. Your mom and dad has prepared a delicious breakfast. Pulling a chair from the dining table, you sit down. Your dad is reading a newspaper while munching on some pancakes while your mom sips coffee.

"Good morning honey," your mom greets you.

"Good morning to you too Mom. Good morning to you as well, Dad!" you reply.

"Good morning Eunji," your dad says.

"You look good today, dear. I'm sure you'll impress your Auntie," your mom compliments you.

You smile at your mom, "Thanks mom. Impressing her is surely something I want to do."

"That's great honey. She called me this morning. She's coming," your mom says.

Taking a bite of your hotdog and another of your pancake, you reply, "That's great to hear! I'm very excited."

"That's a great mindset honey. It will allow you to take in this new experience," your dad adds.

Your mom nods in reply. "I just hope you behave dear. Don't give your Auntie a headache. She's had enough," your mom says, grinning at the last sentence.

"What do you mean by that?" you ask suspiciously.

"Oh nothing," your mom says, waving the topic off.

You look at them puzzled before finally finishing your breakfast.