Chapter 16: Mermaids

Start from the beginning

"And he has a boyfriend," Zoey said in a sing-song voice.

"Stop interrupting me Zoey!" Orion snarled.

"You have a boyfriend Orion?" Pansy beamed.

"Yeah..." Orion blushed. "His name is Sean, he's like three years older than me? I think."

"No he's four years older than you, you dummy," Zoey said.

"Oh right," Orion said in realization. "Forgot about that."

"Wait he's four years older than you?" Pansy questioned.

"Yeah. I honestly ignore it because I love him so much," Orion explained, still blushing a scarlet color. "Ok enough about me. I feel too embarrassed now, so Zoey you go and tell stuff about you."

"Ok. If you insist," Zoey shrugged with a smile on her face. "I'm a Hufflepuff, as you all should know. I have two younger brothers, they are twins. I'm going into the same year as Orion, Siren, and Aquarius, so my third year. I'm Polysexual and have a boyfriend!" Zoey states proudly.

"Wait you also have a boyfriend?" Blaise looking like he wants to meet this kid and put him straight and tell him that he better treat his daughter right, but he assumes that his future self already did that.

"Yup! His name's Joey and he's transgender," Zoey explains. "He used to be a girl, but we don't talk about it ever because it brings back terrible memories for him, so if you ever meet him, don't mention it and act like he's always been Joey and a boy. If you mention anything about him being transgender he gets a little uncomfortable because of the thought of him being a girl before makes him go to a dark place," Zoey says sadly. "I'm trying to help him, but he's actually gotten better and has completed his transitioning, but there are a few things that he wants to fix up, so that's what we're dealing with, but otherwise we're happy."

"I'm glad to hear that you're happy Zoey," Blaise tells his daughter.

"Same with you Orion," Draco says, it looks like a small smile is creeping up on his face and to say the people who could see the smile were shocked to say the least and also confused.

~

"Ok Siren!" Aquarius said at the edge of the Black Lake with her brother by her side. "You ready?"

Siren looks over to her and gives her a look that says let's do this. Aquarius took that as the go to and both of them jumped into the lake.

Once they jumped in Aquarius and Siren both grew tails. Aquarius' tail was a golden color with black and silver specks all around and Siren's tail was similar, but blue with gold and bronze specks all round.

They looked at each other and smiled brightly at each other and then started swimming.

~

The Golden Trio were running down towards the dungeons in a heap. They got back to the Gryffindor common room to find no Aquarius and no Siren. Once they got to the wall of where the entrance of the Slytherin common room was they started to knock frantically. They were hoping that the two were with the Slytherins, but they could be wrong.

Someone finally decided to open the entrance and it was the same girl that outed Hermione, Pansy, and Aquarius.

"Willow?" Hermione breathed.

"The one and only," Willow responded. "Now what is this honor of having the whole Golden Trio at the doorsteps of the snake's den?"

"Can we see Malfoy by any chance?" Harry asked.

"Ah yes. I would except you to see him out of every Slytherin here Golden Boy," Willow said with a bit of sass in her voice. "Come on."

They followed the Slytherin fifth year into the common room. When they got in they went straight towards where Draco was.

"Malfoy," Harry started.

"Potter? What are you and the rest of the Golden Trio doing here? Shouldn't you be with Aquarius and Siren after your library visit?" Draco said with a small sneer on his face. He swears if Harry once again lost their children he was going to hex him into the next day.

"You wouldn't have seen Aquarius and Siren at all?" Harry asked nervously.

Well that just answered Draco's own question. "Are you kidding me Potter!? Again!" Draco raising his voice, which attracted many Slytherin students' attention.

"This seems normal," Orion sighed.

"What do you mean normal?" Pansy asked curiously.

"If Aquarius and Siren are together by themselves and one of them get bored one of them will try and convince the other to go off and do something together. Most of the time it's to go swimming," Orion explained.

"Why would they want to go swimming in this weather?" Ron questioned. "It's bloody freezing outside."

"You would be surprised Uncle Ron. My Dad though tells me that Mermaids have amazing body heat in the water, so when it's cold, like today, the water's temperature won't be a problem for them."

"Umm...Ryan?" Zoey trying to get his attention, but technically everyone else's as well.

"What is it Zoey?" Orion asked walking towards where she is, which is the glass of where you can see out into the Black Lake.

"I think I just found Aqua and Siren," she explained.

Everyone walked over to where Zoey was to see something that was shocking, but also a bit of relief. They saw Aquarius with a mermaid tail that was golden with black and silver specks, along with Siren with a similar tail, but blue with gold and bronze specks. Both of them were smiling and waving at the people who were looking at them, which was Draco, Pansy, Blaise, the Golden Trio, Orion, and Zoey.

"Looks like we found them," Harry breathed a sigh of relief.

"You're Lucky we did Potter because I almost hexed you into the next day, maybe even next week!" Draco sneered, but hid the smile that was fighting to show.

"Should we tell them to come out?" Hermione asked.

"No they should know when to come out," Orion said.

"Ok, then why don't we all go towards the Black Lake and see if we can talk with them?" Pansy suggested.

"I'd think they'd enjoy that," Orion said. He then gestured the two mermaids to meet them at the surface of the Black Lake, so they can all talk together.