Chapter 4

~ B R U I S E S ~

Once I stepped outside, I saw my mother in the car. Thankfully she came alone. I tried to cover my body as much as possible but my mom was a doctor. There was no way she wouldn't see my injuries. I opened the door to the passenger seat and sat next to her. I looked in my window.

"Clarke, you know you can talk to me." I turned around and I hugged her. Not so tight because I was hurting from everywhere. But it felt good. When we broke apart she had a confused face. She didn't see anything yet. I slowly took off my cap revealing my injured face. She gasped.

"Who did this to you?" She brought a hand to her mouth.

"Mom I really don't want to talk about it, take me home, please." She took my hand and squeezed it. I had missed that mom. The one who cares about me. She nodded and drove home. I knew Marcus and the siblings were there. I just hoped they would be in their bedrooms. I got out of the car and entered my house.

Switching to Bellamy's POV

I was in my bedroom on the first floor when they came in. Clarke and her mother. I could hear them crying both, Abby seemed angry.

"We need to clean up these wounds and go to the police. Whoever did this to you, and I'm guessing it's that boyfriend of yours, needs to be locked up!" Abby seemed angry but sad at the same time. I didn't want to leave my room now not to make Clarke uncomfortable. But I could easily hear them both talking.

"Mom I told you I don't want to tell the police. I'm not ready yet. And I'm fine, really." What had happened to her?

"Clarke, look at yourself you are not fine. Let me clean up those wounds at least." Abby was a doctor, of course she would want to see the injuries.

"Go get changed, I want to see every single bruise, and come back here. I'll get my stuff out." I heard Clarke rush upstairs and close her bedroom door. Then I heard my dad get out of his room to talk to Abby.

"What happened honey?" He had stayed in his room also not to make Clarke uncomfortable.

"I'm sure it's that Finn boy. She got beat up pretty bad, and I know I haven't seen everything. She is not talking to me either. I don't know what to do." She said while crying.

"Abby you're doing the best you can, be there for her and when she'll be ready, she'll open up." My dad replied. He started making coffee, I could hear the machine and the cups. But then, Clarke could get down the stairs, I could hear her footsteps approaching her mom. I knew it wasn't right to eavesdrop but I couldn't help myself. When her mother saw her, I heard her curse. Then I knew she started disinfecting because Clarke started to groan and scream lightly. She was in pain, in a lot of pain. I knew Octavia would get out of her bedroom if she heard screams. And then that's when her door flew open, she got down the stairs. I opened my own bedroom door and grabbed her wrist.

"What are you doing?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I want to see what's wrong with Clarke." She let go of my grip and walked towards the kitchen. I followed her. There, the vision we had was horrible. Clarke was in underwear and a bra, and her whole body was covered in bad bruises. She had blood coming out of her ankles and her wrists. Her lip was bleeding two. She was screaming in pain as her mother rubbed different things on her injuries. She looked bad, if only I could have gotten her in my car after yesterday. If only I could have brought her back and therefore protect her from whoever did this to her. Even if we all secretly knew who it was, we still weren't sure because she would defend him. Octavia gasped and Clarke turned to look at us. She stared at me, then at Octavia. I wanted to leave her some privacy but she got up from the chair. Abby said she was done. She was walking towards her room. She passed in front of me, our eyes locked. She had puffy red eyes, she had cried a lot. But she seemed so exhausted. She came back upstairs in her room. I left the room leaving Octavia alone with the two adults. I knew I didn't know her very well, but she needed someone. I knocked on the door of her room, I knew it was hers because she wrote it on a piece of paper. She slowly opened the door. She was crying again. When she saw me, she was confused.

"I was wondering if maybe you needed to talk." I smiled at her, and she gave me a weak smile. I knew smiling was painful for her lip. She sat on her bed, leaving me in the door frame. She invited me in so I closed the door of her bedroom and sat beside her on the bed. She had changed into shorts and a t- shirt before I could come. She started crying, a lot. I didn't know what to do. Before I could do anything, she was hugging me tightly and tears were staining my t-shirt.

"I didn't know he would, I didn't know he would do this. " I wrapped my arms around her waist carefully.

"I know I know. But you're okay here, you're safe." I replied. She then let go of my grip and stared at my eyes. We were close.

"It's all my fault, I should have left the first time it even happened. " she was now laying on her bed. I laid beside her.

"None of this is your fault." She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me to her. She was laying her head on my chest the next second, and I had my arms wrapped around her. She needed a shoulder to cry on and that's exactly what I was gonna give her. She quickly fell asleep, her head on my chest. After a while thinking, I fell asleep too.

————————————————————————

A/N
Ooooooooo the first Bellarke moment. It's pretty bad circumstances but still. I'm sorry, i know it's a short chapter. If you got any ideas on how to improve the book, please leave them in the comments. Hope you liked this chapter!

Very appreciated my loves, 💕💕💕