Memory Lane

"They are Dead"

He just stared at me for a couple minutes.

"what?" he asked in disbelief

"I'm not repeating myself. you heard me" i told him going back to my bed and sitting against the headboard again.

"When did they die? How did they die?" He asked me concerned as i started thinking about that day.

4 years ago

It was the last day of  8th grade and also the last day of middle school. that's right next year i'll be in high school. Xander always laughs about how excited i am about it.

If your wondering who Xander is, he's been my bestfriend since third grade. I really really like him but i don't think he would ever like me so i would never say anything.

"I hope you guys had an amazing year i'll miss you all! you are dismissed." the principle said and me and Xander and the rest of the 8th graders all stand up and start leaving the gym.

"So now that it's finally summer what are we gonna do?" i asked Xander once we get outside

"I don't know... Moms here. text me when you get home and we'll plan something, okay?" he said and asked

"Yea and tell Mrs.Black i said hi" i said

"I will." he said and hugged me and i hugged him back " bye I love you" he said and broke apart from the hug

"Bye I love you too" i said and he walked to him moms car and got in the passenger seat as i got on my bike and started riding it home.

It took me 30 minutes to get home but it felt like years.

when i finally got home i was shocked to see two police cars in my driveway and two police officers on my porch.

i dropped my bike in my yard and ran up to them with confusion on my face.

"Hello?" i asked and they turned to me with pity on their faces but i just stayed with a confused one.

"Are you Scarlet Knight?" one of the police officers asked

"yes i am, why?"

"Hi i'm officer Paul and this is officer Britt We are sorry to inform you that your sister Avery and mother and father Mrs and Mr Knight have been in a terrible accident." Officer Paul said to me

My sister Avery... she's only three years old.. and my mom and dad...

"What happened are they okay?!" i asked worried

"Ummm.." Officer Paul cleared his throat "They um they were in a terrible car crash and all three of them have died we are here to take you to...." officer Paul kept talking but i wasn't listening anymore

I felt the tears going down my cheeks and all the sudden it's dark.

*1 month later*

Ever since i woke up in the hospital my life has turned to shit.... wow i never would have thought i would swear.

I now live with a guy named Brian. He's been nice and has been teaching me how to fight. he said it could be something to take things off my mind and it's kind of working.

Xander's gone. i text him and call him every day, but he doesn't answer. i even went to his house but nobody's there, everything is gone, including him.

everyday is the same.

wake up, check my phone, eat, train all day, eat, shower, brush my teeth, check my phone, go to bed.

if your wondering why i check my phone it's to see if Xander has replied at all.

he never does if your wondering.

*4 months later*

I'm in freshman year now. all my old friends are now scared of me now. but that's fine cause i found a new bestfriend and her name is jasmine, i met her on the first day of school and let's just say she had a lot of pushing to do to even become my friend so don't ask me how she became my bestfriend, i couldn't tell you.

if your wondering about Xander, he's not my bestfriend anymore. he left me and i realized that 2 months ago. so i stopped trying to contact him and now i honestly hate him.

Brian has been saying how good i am a fighting and he said maybe in a year i can be a street fighter.

but that's only cause i know he owns that place and i keep on asking. at first he kept saying no but now he always says "maybe in a year"

*1 year and 3 months later*

Brian let's me street fight now, he has been for about 5 months now, and my name is 'REBEL' and i'm undefeated.

I still hate Xander and he still has not contacted me.

Jasmine is still my bestfriend.

Everyone at school in now afraid of me and they call me the "badgirl" of the school. they also all know that i street fight. some of them even go to my fights.

me and Jasmine are thinking about getting some piercings and tattoos.

*Now*

"Scarlet?" he asked

"what" i say looking up

"how did they die?" he asked

"Doesn't matter." i say clearing my throat and trying to forget the memories "I think you should leave." I said

"I'm coming back tomorrow, We will talk." he tells me as he gets up

"I don't think that's a good idea" i say in a harsh tone

"yea? well i do so see you tomorrow."

"What time" i groaned knowing he'll come even if i say no

"Around nine in the morning" he said

"Your mom will want you to go to school-" i start but he cuts me off this time

"see you tomorrow." he said walking out of my room and i listen and hear him telling jasmine he'll be back tomorrow and hear him and jace saying bye before i hear the door open and close.

I get in my bed and put the tv on Ridiculousness and i'm about to fall asleep when my door opens

i look over to see Jasmine.

"Can i come in?" she asked and i nodded as she comes in and sits on my bed

"how'd it go?" she asked

"It was okay. He didn't know my parents and Avery were dead... now he does" i say and she smiles at me sadly

"goodnight." she said and got up

"goodnight" i say and she walked out of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

And i couldn't help but think: Will his excuses be good enough and will i ever forgive him?

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Please vote :)))