Chapter 19

"Harry," Harry finally looks up from his phone. "Who are you texting?" Zayn questions what we all want to know.

"I'm not texting anyone, I'm writing a fan fiction on Wattpad." He mumbles. I laugh at the idea of him actually writing a fan fiction. It's probably some rated r sex book.

"Bullshit." Louis says. He's still a little pissed and sad because of Eleanor but I hope he under stands that it's definitely for the better.

"Fine," Harry grumbles. "Rachel and I are back together." He tries to hide his smile.

"Actually dating or just fucking?" Isis jokes. Harry shoots her a look. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm happy for you Harry."

They start to converse, while Niall pulls me closer to his body.

"I'm really happy for harry." He whispers in my ear. I don't know where he's going with this. "I was really bummed when I heard he kissed you."

I detach my head from his chest and look in his eyes, but they glint. Why is he happy about this? "Aren't you mad?"

He chuckles, "well I was, but I realized that you don't have feelings for him back and I just let it be the past. It was months ago anyways."

"I love how your so carefree. How did you find out?" I ask.

"I knew something was up when Liam was always shooting glances at you around Harry. So I asked him and he told me. Liam buckles under pressure."

I glance at Liam, "Good to know." We laugh.

"Does anybody want to play a game? I'm bored as heck." Isis groans. A chorus of 'mhm' are heard.

"We should play Stock the Stuffing." I say. The boys look confused. "Oh right, it's an American game. Here, I'll teach it to you."

*****

"Okay, before we start, I need to say something." I announce. Everyone stops they're movements. "Team Ni-Har-Lou-Is sucks ass."

Liam and Zayn burst out laughing and high five me. "Oh no you didn't." Louis sassily snaps his fingers. Yay, fun Lou is coming back.

"But, oh, I did." I smirk.

"What's Team Boom Town + poo, Isis?" Harry asks her. She shrugs her shoulders. "Something really shitty."

He begins laughing really hard, almost out of breath and slapping his knee and eventually he trips over his out foot and falls to the floor with a thud.

"Okay...?" Zayn speaks for everybody.

Harry gets up, ashamed. I feel bad, "That was funny Harry, but we are going to crush you like The Hulk crushes cars."

"Oh yeah? Well we're going to beat you so hard your going to be weeping to your mummy's like the wusses you are." Niall backfires. Liam fake gasps and Zayn looks like he's getting ready to fight, pretending if course. Whilst I didn't think my boyfriend had it in him to say somehing like that.

"You wanna play that game?" Liam starts, "you suck-"

"Guys!" Isis interrupts."Your making a huge deal out of a little game." She laughs.

I look at Niall who is at the start of their line and we both glare at each other before Liam blows the horn, signaling the start of the game. I snatch a bunch of candy canes and I get one in the stocking on my first try so I pass it down to the next person, which happened to be Zayn. Liam high fives me, while Zayn starts throwing. I look at their team and see that Niall is still trying to get one in. Who's the wusses now?

*****

3 hours later, everybody's half asleep around the living room. I want to sleep, but my mind keeps racing with thoughts of Maria coming back. The ringing of my phone interrupts my thoughts. I quickly silence it so I don't wake anybody up and wearily walk into the kitchen. Its an unknown number. What if it's her?

I decide to take the risk and answer. "Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Milee Blevins?" A male, scruffy voice asks. I don't know if I should answer.

"No..?"

Damnit, I don't think he bought that.

"We know it's you," he chuckles. We? "This is the Federal Bureau of Investigation, don't worry."

Why would try be calling me? Unless-

"Maria Winters has been found dead." he continues. My heart skips a beat. "We'd thought you'd want to know that."

"But, how?" I'm so out of breath it comes out a whisper.

"Looks like she escaped prison only to commit suicide. Her body was found hanging in a small town right off London."

I'm washed with relief and guilt. Why would she hang herself? Maybe she had something else going on..? But, at least she's off my back now.

"Um," my throat is so dry. "thank you. Thanks for telling me."

"No problem, call again if you have any further questions. Merry Christmas." the man says.

"Merry Christmas to you too, night." I say and end the call.

"Who was that?" I jump a little when I see Niall standing by the kitchen entrance. I clutch my heart.

"Woah, did someone die?" He chuckles. Little did he know that someone actually did.

"Great wordplay because someone actually did." I mumble. His face turns from happy to concerned and shocked.

"What? Who?" he asks, worried. "Is it family?"

"No," I brave myself. I don't want to say that she committed suicide. "Maria is dead, they found her body."

Niall's expression changed so much in the next minute I couldn't even keep up. This is probably what I looked like when I was on the phone hearing the news.

"Okay this might sound bad and mean but, I'm really happy she's gone. Like, really gone." He radiates. I smile too and hug him on no end.

"Me too." I let go of his body and look into his sleep lacked eyes.

"Merry Christmas babe." He says and kisses the tip of my nose.

"Your always such a tease. Merry Christmas leprechaun." I smirk, pushing out heads together and kissing his beautiful lips. I pull back after a while, he pouts. "Your morning breath is hideous."

He breathes on his hand and smells it. "It's not that bad. And, it's not even the morning yet. Only 2."

I chuckle, "2 is still considered the morning Niall."

He rolls his eyes, "Your a dork."

"I'm your dork." I lazily smile, "And you can't return me. Should of read the Rules and Regulations."

He comes and embraces me, "Trust me, I wouldn't return you for the world."

________________________
hi. I know I was supposed to update like early January 2015 and this book is shit so, sorry.

maria's dead..yea so i didnt know what to do with her so i just kinda killed her off. haha.

so yea, harry and rachel are together again yay. aw i miss rachel.

okay, and abby..shes irrelivant now. so shes like not going to be talked about anymore.

i dont think theres anything else i need to say. if there is i'll post it in the next chapter.

and thank you for making 2014 really great for me. my wattpad anniversary is coming up soon and i think im going to post another story on that day. start a new book, one that i actually want to write. so thanks.

milee xx