I had stared at him for a minute or two, with what must've been a dumb expression on my face. And then whispered 'Hell yes' as soon as the question sank in. 

Our wedding ceremony was so simple. His only guests were his mom and uncle, and my only guests were my grandparents. Jess was my maid of honor while Trevor was his best man. We said our vows in the church, and that was it. We didn't even go on a honeymoon, because we both agreed it would be a waste of money. Wherever I went and whatever I did was a perfect honeymoon to me as long as I was with Kyle anyway. So we ordered pizza and watched movies that night, not even bothering to change our clothes.

I remember the day we found out our baby's gender. I asked him if we could name her Carol, in memory of my mom. He loved the name, so we didn't hesitate to decide on it since the meaning of the name was suitable as well. She was about to be born around Christmas.

My grandparents were ecstatic to become great grandparents. They were the ones who bought this house for us. When they offered us money the first time, it was five years ago and we couldn't accept it. But then when Kyle bought a car after he started working with Jeremy, they bought me a car too that same year, and I couldn't refuse since it was a birthday gift. And when they found out I was pregnant, they told us they couldn't allow us to live in that small apartment anymore, and we agreed since we wanted a comfortable home for our child.

Carol squirms, trying to escape from my arms so she can go to Kyle. I laugh and put her down on the floor before heading to the kitchen to prepare something  for her to eat.

"No no no, don't kiss me on that cheek. Kiss me on this one. Your mom did this to me."

I look up and watch as he turns his face the other way so she can place a kiss on his clean cheek instead of the one I smeared paint on.

"Don't listen to him. He started it first!" I laugh, making her giggle too as she looks back and forth between us.

Focusing on my task, I still listen to them talk.

"Come on, read this, what does it say?" Kyle asks Carol, as if she could read if she tried hard enough. "It says 'Happy birthday Carol' and this right here is you. I drew your cute little face." He kisses her cheek twice, making her giggle.

He stands up and carefully carries the paper from the floor to the wall behind the TV. The doorbell rings as he finishes hanging it, and he rushes to the door.

I hear Trevor's voice, but Jess is the one who steps inside first, walking so fast that for a split moment I thought someone was chasing her. "Your favourite aunt is here!" she yells excitedly, and Carol wastes no time running towards her as fast as her little legs can take her.

"You're her only aunt." I tease her like usual.

Jess sticks her tongue out at me. "You're just jealous."

I shake my head in amusement. She can be even more childish than Gavin sometimes.

My eyes drift to the bump on her stomach. Jess is six months pregnant. And to think she was once worried about being a bad mother. She's such an amazing mom, and would sacrifice anything for Gavin.

Trevor walks in, holding Gavin's hand with one hand and a huge box with the other.

"Hey, Trev. Hey, Gav." I grin at them, putting Carol's sandwiches on a plate.

"Hey, aunt Rae!" Gavin greets excitedly. He can speak normally now, but I miss those days where he used to trip over his words. It was so cute to listen to. He's such a cute boy himself, taking Trevor's dark hair and Jess's gorgeous gray eyes.

"Look what we got you." Trevor sets the box down next to Carol, and she reaches out to touch it, almost falling off Jess's lap.

"Easy there. It's not like your present's gonna run away or anything." Jess laughs, putting her down. She takes the plate from my hands as I walk by her. "I'll feed her, you go clean up. You look ridiculous."