CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Justice for the Pretty Boys

Naruto is Kishimoto's, I just stole him for a while ^^

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

-----

Groggily, I opened my eyes to find myself staring at a white ceiling. "What...?"

"SAKURA-CHAN THANK GOD YOU'RE AWAKE I THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T WAKE UP EVER I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF YOU STAYED ASLEEP FOREVER I THOUGHT I'D HAVE TO SELL YOUR RIBBON COLLECTION TO SASUKE YOU KNOW HOW HE LOVES THEM ESPECIALLY THE PINK SATIN ONES AND—"

"FOR THE LOVE OF RAMEN NARUTO QUIET DOWN," I screamed. 

Naruto sat back down, sniffling and wiping at his tears, a huge grin on his face. I took the opportunity to survey my surroundings. Turns out, I was in a hospital room.

I turned back to Naruto. "Naru, what happened? Why are you here?" My breath hitched. "How's Sasuke? Itachi? Shisui? Are the Uchihas ok?!"

"Sakura-chan, calm down!" Naruto shook me by the shoulders. He wore a confused look on his face. "What are you talking about? That idiot Sasuke and his family are fine. He actually came with me to see you before saying he had to go somewhere else. Tch, snobby, as usual!" He pouted. Then his eyes widened. "Oh, there's one thing! I think Itachi and Shisui were discharged from the hospital a few days ago. Why Sakura-chan? How'd you know that?"

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Before I could respond, though, the door creaked open, revealing an extremely worn-out Kakashi. 

His eye met mine, and his shoulders visibly sagged with relief. Then his expression slowly turned dark and he stormed over to me. "Saaaaakuuuuuraaaaa," he growled, dragging out my name syllable-by-syllable. I gulped. 

Pushing his face close to mine, he hissed, "What were you thinking?! No matter how skilled you are, you shouldn't have taken on a mEMBER OF THE KONOHA COUNCIL!" 

"Woah, chillax, Kaka-baka," I said soothingly, patting his hair. His eye twitched with fury. "I'm fine, aren't I? And as far as I know, I managed to beat him!"

Kakashi slowly settled down, his anger replaced with shock. "You...what?"

I fixed him with a serious look. "I'll tell you all about it, after you tell me what happened." 

Kakashi stared at me with an unreadable expression, then sighed. "When you passed out, we assumed that you were put under a genjutsu via his multiple Sharingans. We were shaken, to say the least. Being put under a genjutsu by so many Sharingans does not bode well for the victim. To be honest, we didn't think...you'd survive. You shouldn't even be awake right now, Sakura." 

"Wait wait wait, hold up," I said, looking around suspiciously. "How long have I been asleep?"

He looked at me grimly. "You were in a coma for a week."

I gaped in surprise. "A WEEK?" I screeched. "Holy noodle lords, that's a long time!" Then realization dawned on me, and I groaned. "I've gotta make up for all the lost training. Oh jeez, Gai-sensei is gonna kill me."

Sighing, I turned back to a baffled Kakashi. "Ok, please continue."

"You...Gai is your sensei...?" He shook his head, obviously at a loss. "We had managed to subdue most of the ROOT ANBU members who had come to his aid, and we were gaining the upper hand on Danzo himself. Then, he suddenly froze and screamed out in pain. What from, we weren't sure. But we took the opportunity to knock him out and secure him for trial."

He then fixed his eye on me curiously. "Now Sakura...tell me what you did."

I grinned sheepishly. "You're right. He did place me in a genjutsu. An extremely strong one at that. But...let's say I have some," I tapped the side of my head, "impeccable control in here. In the end, I was able to break free of the genjutsu and manipulate it to turn on him. I engaged in combat with Danzo within my mindscape, and eventually defeated him."