PROLOGUE

I ain't cool enough to own Naruto, but I am awesome enough to own ma darling OC ~

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

-----

My fist smashed into the last bandit's skull. The lifeless body flew across the field and smashed into a tree with a resounding 'crack'.

    Ah, how satisfying.

    'You're weird.'

    "Wasn't that established the day this all started, Inner?"

    'True.'

    I shook out my hand, exhaling loudly as I relieved the strain. Flipping my long hair over my shoulder, I stretched, getting rid of all the kinks in my body. My spine popped.

    I walked over to the leader and promptly sliced his head off, before storing it inside a scroll. "We need to report back to Tsunade-sama now."

    'Oh thank the sweet ramen king. Foooooooooood.'

    I started to walk away, but turned around. Surveying the blood-spattered trees and mangled bodies, I tilted my head. "Hey Inner?"

    'Hmm?'

    "I don't feel anything anymore."

    I didn't feel any kind of remorse, any speck of sympathy for the bloody dead lying so pathetically on the ground. All I felt was a buzzing, heavy satisfaction. Accomplishment.

A deep, deep tiredness.

    'Are you officially losing your mind? What kind of statement is thaaaaaaooooh.' Inner fell silent as I channeled my thoughts to her.

    I laughed. "You just insulted yourself too, ya know?"

    Ignoring Inner's squawk of protest, I rolled the scroll up and tucked it safely into my pocket. "And off we go!"

    Humming, I looked up towards the sky, the setting sun bleeding warm colors onto the pale blue canvas, dotted with wispy clouds. It was breathtakingly beautiful. But then again, nothing really took away my breath anymore.

    Such was the life of a shinobi.

    'Sadist.'

    I scoffed. "Intangible piece of shit."

    My mental eardrums exploded.

-----

Ok guys, this was the prologue! The next chapter will be a bit deep, to show the realistic character development and reaction of our OC to, well, dying. I promise that the following chapters will be as humorous as our darling Karma in a pink apron—oh wait, wrong fandom xDD

Author...OUT!