Chapter Twenty Three; The Fight

The cats stared in fear at the bear. The brown creature was lumbering towards them now on all fours.

"It looks like an angry giant peice of fox dung that grew legs!" Greynose joked, his voice shaky with fear.

"Greynose! This is no time to be joking around!" Foxclaw hissed sternly beside Dawnfire. She agreed with him.

"Its seen us now, we must drive it off." She yowled. "Frostflower, you take Greynose, Gorsepaw, Rippletail and Stormpelt and go round one side and attack it from there. Silverpebble, Kestrelwing, Foxclaw and Bluepaw follow me. We'll attack it from the other side."

As she gave the orders the cats fell in behind their leaders and attacked. Dawnfire pounced on the bear, paws outstretched. She unsheathed her claws and sank them deep into the bears fur. its fur was thick, thicker than a cats pelt. She managed to draw blood and the bear yowled in pain. She sank her teeth into the bears shoulder, blood oozing from the new wound she had created.

Meanwhile, Frostflower was battling with her patrol on the other side. She had her teeth sunk fairly deep into the bears ear. She could see Dawnfire fighting bravely as if all of StarClans' warriors had gone inside her. Were we right to attack? Frostflower thought. The bear suddenly reared up onto its hind legs and fell backwards. Rippletail was attached on the bears back, raking her hind claws across the matted brown pelt of the bear. "Rippletail, move!" Frostflower screeched. Rippletail looked up confused as Frostflower jumped of the bear, snagging a claw as she went.

Rippletail yowled with fear as the bear crashed down onto the ground, crushing Rippletail as it fell.