Chapter Thirteen; The Wolves

"Bluepaw! No!" Stormpelt screeched from where he was standing. He shouted at her trying to get her to move but it was no use. Bluepaw was frozen to the ground looking at the moster as it came closer and closer. Stormpelt hurled across towards her and knocked her over. The monster was very close now and Dawnfire thought that they were both gonners. But Stormpelt had knocked her over and the bothe tumbled onto the other side of the Thunderpath just as the monster zoomed past. Quick as lighning Stormpelt grabbed Bluepaw by the scruff and dragged her across the Thunderpath. another monster was coming but they had already reached the opposite side by the time it went past.

Now it was for her turn. She made sure no monsters were coming and she dashed across the hard surface. Running across the rough black stone made her paws burn but she didn't care. Monsters could kill cats with one hit of their round black paws. She reached the other side and dashed into the bushes. Stormpelt was telling Bluepaw about how close they had both come to deaath. Bluepaws round blue eyes were scared. Obviously Stormpelts shouting hadn't calmed her down, but just made her ore terrified.

"Stormpelt, your not going to get through to her like that." Silverpebble growled at him. "Look she's terrified. She needs calming down not frightened even more. Move!" He was clearly taken aback by the RiverClan she-cats words. Normaly Silverpebble was a gentle cat and Dawnfire had never seen her so ... so fierce. It reminded her of Frostflower who was gentle but in battle she was always very fierce, witch also made it easier to beleive she was Frostflowers' sister.

"Bluepaw, are you alright?" Her words were a lot genlter now. ''Now listen to me, you must never ever freeze in the middle of the Thunderpath again, please. You could of died and a monsters blow is probably enough to take away nine ives. If you died, what would happen to the prophecy?"

Bluepaw looked a little calmer. "I- I'm sorry Stormpelt. I'm sorry everyone. I just got scared thats all."

''Its OK Bluepaw." Dawnfire mewed. "But lets get going, its almost sunhigh." The cats just nodded and followed Dawnfire along the side of the Thunderpath. They soon came to a bridge crossing the river. They jumped down a small hill and followed a path beside the river. They carried on walking untill it came to sunset.

"We shall rest here for the night. Try to find food. Silverpebble, maybe you could catch us any fish and maybe teach some of us how to catch it."

"Sure, I'd be happy to." Silverpebble mewed going over to the waters edge to fish. She soon came back with two fish in her mouth. "They taste great. Try some." She mewed dropping the fish at her paws. Dawnfire bit into the fish and was greeted by a slight salty taste. It was good though.

"Thats delicious!" Dawnfire exclaimed.

"I know right. Want to learn how to catch them? Then when your in your territory by the lake, you can catch one any time. But you have to eat them within a day or else that start to go bad."

Dawnfire nodded and ate the rest of the fish. She walked oer to where Silverpebble was sitting at the waters edge. 

"The trick is to not let your shadow fall across the water.When a fish comes close you stick your paw in and hook the fish with you claws. You fling it out of the water and kill it when it lands on the shore, oh, like this," She mewed. She dabbed her paw in the water and took it out again and dropped a fish on the ground at their paws. It squirmed around and Silverpebble sunk her claws into its neck. "You try."

Dawnfire looked into the water being careful not to let her shadow fall just as Silverpebble said. She saw a small silver blob and she put her paw in the water. She felt something smooth and scaly so she quickly slid her claws out and she quickly lifted her paw out of the water. The fish landed on the ground and she bit its neck killing it.