Chapter Four; ShadowClans' New Arrival

"What?" Cloudstar glared at Harepaw who by now had now flattened himself on the ground, his head bowed. "Harepaw, I dont beleive this, especially from my own son." Cloudstars' eyes were full of shame. "I'm sorry Redstar. I don't beleive it but Ashclouds' nose never lies." He added with a glance at his deputy. "It wont happen again, will it Harepaw?"

"No Cloudstar. But it wasn't just me," he protested. "Breezetail and Flamepelt were there too. It was Breeztails' idea. Flamepelt went with him and he told me to come too. I didn't want to but he basicly ordered me."

"Are you going to beleive an apprentice Cloudstar?" asked Flamepelt.

Cloudstar just glared at the three cats, his blue eyes burning with anger. "Rainstar do you have anything to report" he asked.

"Nothing accept that we have new kits and a rouge moved into our camp but I guess it can wait." he answered.

"Wait," hissed Mistystar. "Every other leader has had a chance to speak. Lets let Rainstar speak."

"Fine!" grumbled Cloudstar. He didn't look to happy but sat back with his head hunched between his shoulders and he still glared at the three toms.

"Owlfur our queen gave birth tto four kits less than a moon ago. Unfortunately two of them left us to join StarClan." His eyes dulled with grief. "Then two kits were found in our forest. We thought of it as a sign from StarClan. We gave them to Owlfur who looked after them. A while later, a pale golden she-cat with the name Daffodil turned up fratic about her kits. We told her they were fine. She learned of our way of life and said when her kits were old enough she would leave them with us." Mutters of shock and cofusion rippled through the crowd. 

"Why do you bring rouges upon us?" called a warrior near the back.

Rainstar turned to Redstar. "I'm sorry for how I treated you when you brought in Salem. I guess when a cat turns up desperate for a home you can't exactly turn them down." he mummered with a tone of respect.

"Thank you Rainstar." he replied. "Very well. If there is nothing else to discuss then the gathering is over."

The cats split up to join their Clans. As Dawnfire made her way over to her Clan she saw Stormpelt slowly walking up to her. 

Can you give Goldenleaf a message from me please?" he asked her.

"Sure. I'm sure she'd be happy to listen." she replied back.

"Thank you Dawnfire. Tell her I say that I'm so happy for her - for us - and that I hope to see her soon. Tell her that after the halff-moon I'll be waiting every night to see her."

Dawnfire didn't like the sound of that but agreeded to pass the message. She noticed that ThunderClan were leaving and she quickly caught up to them. Hopefuly no cat saw me talking to Stormpelt after all, he is a ShadowClan warrior.

Her hopes drained when she saw that Frostflower was watching her and amusment glitered in her eyes when she caught up to her. "Now Dawnfire, what has the warrior code told you about seeing cats in other Clans?" she asked mischievously.

"I'm not. He's a friend." she wanted to tell her best friend but she knew she would be braking her promise to her sister.

"From ShadowClan!" she said. 

"Look, Frostflower. I promise that there is nothing between me and him. I was telling him congratulations on the new kits." she mewed.

"OK, OK! I beleive you Dawnfire, Every cat knows Greynos is willing to have you as his mate and convinced you like him too." she said with laughter dancing in her blue eyes.

Dawnfire felt her skin grow hot under her pelt. It was true though. Every cat in ThunderClan knew Greynose had feelings for her.

She followed Frostflower over the tree bridge and across the moor back to their own territory. All the cats were buzing with exitment when they returned. They obviously knew Redstar would mention WindClan hunting on ThunderClans' territory The cats who didn't go huddled around Redstar and Runningshadow who explained the gathering.

Dawnfire was too tired to listen to their anxious mews and she headed for the warriors den. When she got there she gave herself a quick groom and fell into a deep sleep.