Chapter Eight; Ravenpaws' Gift and Frostflowers' Secret

Ravenpaws' eyes widened filling with a mixture of shock, confusion and fear. "Dangers is coming, but the grey dawn will be your saviour..." He muttered half to himself.

"But what does it mean? I just don't know." Dawnfire mewed.

"Wait! Dawnfire I think I got it! Danger is coming, but the grey dawn will be your saviour, dawn means you Dawnfire and the grey must mean Greynose. It's obvious Dawnfire, You and Greynose are the only grey and dawn in the Clan." Ravenpaw exclaimed.

He was right, but how would her and Greynose save the Clan? But how did Ravenpaw, and ordinary apprentice know?"

"Ravenpaw, how did you figure this out?" Dawnfire asked him.

"I, I think I have a gift, a gift from StarClan." He muttered.

"What? What kind of gift?" She asked him, suddenly interested in the young toms thoughts.

"I can tell how cats are feeling and I can kind of read their minds. Cats minds are usually clouded and hard to read, but I can read enough to know something is bothering them.." He replied.

Dawnfire couldn't believe what she heard. Ravenpaw had a gift. Then she remembered they were supposed to be hunting and it was after nightfall. "Come on Ravenpaw, its getting dark, lets hunt, and don't tell any cat. I don't want them to panic."

"Don't worry Dawnfire, you have my word." He looked up at the star that were beginning to appear. "I swear by StarClan." He nodded and leap down onto lower branches until he was low enough to jump the rest of the way. Dawnfire did the same and when she reached him they padded into the undergrowth.

Dawnfire and Ravenpaw padded into the clearing each carrying a mouse and Dawnfire also had a blackbird. She saw Greynose sitting beside the warriors den. He looked up and saw her and waved his tail in greeting. "Ravenpaw, should I tell Greynose about the prophecy?" She whispered to the apprentice.

"I'm not sure, maybe. But I'd leave it and see if StarClan tell you. I mean, you two could be the grey dawn but I'm just guessing." He replied to her.

She just nodded and put her catch on the fresh-kill pile. Dawn fire padded over to Greynose and touched her nose to his. Every time she was with him, she had this feeling inside that she couldn't quite explain. He made her happy and she liked it.

"Hello Dawnfire. I wondered where you'd got to." He mewed with a look in his eyes that she had never seen in him before.

"I was on patrol and decided to hunt for a bit." She replied to him. She spotted Frostflower on the other side of the clearing beside Foxclaw. She noticed that they had their tails intertwined. They touched noses and Foxclaw went over to see Mudpelt. Dawnfire said goodbye to Greynose and padded over to her friend.

"Hey Dawnfire, how are you?" Frostflower asked her.

"I'm fine. But I need to talk to you about something." Dawnfire replied.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, whenever I'm around Greynose ... I have this feeling inside me. I'm not sure what it is but it makes me feel happy. And just now he was looking at me with something in his eyes that I'd never seen in his eyes before." Dawnfire said.

Frostflowers' eyes lit up as she mewed. "Dawnfire, it's love. The feeling you have inside you is love, Dawnfire. He loves you and you have the same feelings for him. It's obvious, pretty much the whole Clan can see it. Foxclaw and I are the same,"

Love. Dawnfire had never thought of that. But then it hit her, of course it's love, she'd seen Goldenleaf have the same look in her eyes over her kits.

"Come on, lets go to the warriors den. It's getting late." Mewed Frostlower.

That night, Dawnfire had a good sleep. No StarClan warriors visited her in her dreams.

She woke up beside Frostflower and padded out of her nest. Runningshadow was organising patrols for the day with Redstar.

Frostflower padded out the warriors den with a sad look on her face.

"Hey Frostflower, what's up?" Dawnfire asked her.

"Well, I found out something last night. But I won't say here, meet me at the Sky Oak." Frostflower replied to her.

Dawnfire nodded her head in agreement and told Runningshadow that they were going hunting. Runningshadow just nodded and said that she can't turn down fresh-kill. Frostflower had already left so Dawnfire followed her scent trail all the way to Sky Oak and found her sitting in a branch high up in the tree. Her and Frostflower used to always go up the tree when they had secrets to tell the other. They did it so often that they could climb the tree so easily.

"I had a dream last night. My father Lionblaze came to me and told me something I didn't know. My mother isn't Runningshadow, it's Whiteflower from RiverClan.