Chapter Sixteen; Frostflower

●FROSTFLOWER'S POV●

Frostflower looked down at her paws. Her and Foxclaw had been following them ever since they had left horseplace. It was hard to follow them and she thought they would never of been caught. Why did I look at her? Why? StarClan intended we go unseen and unheard.

"Frostflower why are you here? I'm sure they are worried about you." Dawnfire mewed to her.

"Look, I'm sorry Dawnfire but there is another part of the prophecy that StarClan left uncovered. They didn't know about it themselves untill the secreet cresent moon meeting." She replied to her friend.

Dawnfires' green eyes grew stern. "What do you mean?" She asked coldly.

Just then Foxclaw came out of the bushes and stopped when he saw Dawnfire. "Frostflower, I thought we'd promised not to tell them."

"I'm sorry Foxclaw, she found us." She mewed to her mate.

"OK, can someone please tell me what is going on before I'm missed." Dawnfire asked angrily.

Friistflower sighed. "The night you all had dreams from StarClan, I had a dream too. StarClan didn't know about the rest of the prophecy."

"There was another part to the prophecy?" Dawnfire asked.

"Yes." Frostflower continued. "We also had to go to the Moonpool. There Firestar met us after you and the other leaders were gone. He said that we were to follow you but we had to remain unseen and unheard. He told us to stick to the opposite side of the river from which you were on. We too also got extra lives and-"

"Frostflower, what is the other part of the prophecy?" Dawnfire asked with rage in her voice. She clearly wasn't happy that StarClan hadn't told her.

Frostflower looked at Foxclaw. He just nodded his head slightly for her to continue. "Firestar said that the fox of frost shall seek out the grey dawn to help finish what it started."

"Dawnfires' green eyes were like emeralds as they sparkled with confusion. "Why would they not tell me? They said I was the one to lead us into this battle with the bears and it is my job to..." She trailed off as she started to understand.

Frostflower felt bad. StarClan didn't want Dawnfire to know about her and Foxclaw being involved. Frostflower still had no idea why.

"They don't want me to do this!" Dawnfires voice started to grow loud as she spoke. "They didn't want me to know anything otherwise you two would be with us and we'd all still be at the clearing. Why? What is so special about them that they have to follow us like foxes."

Frostflower guessed that Dawnfire didn't really care wheather she was there or not. She understood. "Dawnfire," she mewed soothingly. "We're sorry. We really are. I don't know why StarClan wanted us to follow in secret."

Dawnfire looked at her with cold anger in her eyes. Why was she this angry? StarClan only made them follow her and the others. There must be some reason why that only Dawnfire knows.

"You'd better come with me." Dawnfire mewed. "There's not much point hiding behind us." She stalked off back the way she came. Frostflower entwined her tail with Foxclaw's and followed Dawnfire back to their temporary camp.

Frostflower sat and watched as Dawnfire finished explaining why her and Foxclaw were there now. She felt bad for not telling Dawnfire but they were gone before she even got the chance. Dawnfire didn't mention anything about the prophecy but just said that we followed them because we wanted to make sure Dawnfire was alright. Once she finished, all the cats gathered behind Dawnfire and Greynose and they set off.

Frostflower padded up to Dawnfire. "I'm sorry Dawnfire." She whispered.

Dawnfire turned her head around to face her. Her green eyes were still angry. "Can we not bring this up anymore Frostflower." She mewed. 

Frostflower nodded and fell back beside Foxclaw at the end of the group. "Why wont she forgive me?" She mewed.

"She's probably having a hard time. After all, StarClan did put her in charge." He replied to her giving her a sympathetic lick on the ear. "But lets not worry about that just now. We have at least one more days travel."

Frostflowed nodded. The patrol remained quiet as they walked through unknown territory. After sunhigh Dawnfire let them stop and hunt. The main prey was fish as they were right next to the river. After they all finished Dawnfire carried on leading them along the rivers' edge.

Sunset came and Dawnfire made them stop for the night. Maybe now Frostflower could try to reason with her again. But why was Dawnfire so mad at them? They hadn't done anything wrong had they? She padded over to where Dawnfire sat crouched next to Greynosse. She had her head resting on Greynoses' shoulder and Frostflower felt a pang of jealousy. Now that they had mates, things wold never be the same again like when it was just the two of them.

"Um... Dawnfire? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Frostflower asked.

Dawnfires' eyes opened and she sighed. "Fine!" She mewed. She got up from where she was sitting and followed Frostflower. "What is it?" She mewed once they sat down.

"Look .. I'm really sorry Dawnfire. Whatever we've done to upset you, we're sorry."

Dawnfire looked away from Frostflowers pleading stare. She nodded her head and walked away. Frostflowers heart dropped. Had she fogiven her? She hoped so, but began to doubt. The look on her face shown she hadn't really been that interested in what she had to say. I blew it! She thought. If she couldn't get Dawnfire to fogive her now, could she ever get her to forgive her?