The leader of the small team wasn't shifted and looked like he got his outfit from a bondage store. Skin tight black clothing, light shoes, strapped from head to toe with weapons on every part of his body. What looked to be grenades in his belt. He looked... deadly. Like a werewolf hunter actually. Not a werewolf.

The other who didn't shift was a woman, dark skinned and dressed almost exactly like the man, though having a jacket over the outfit, either to cover up a bit modestly or to store more weapons, I was unsure.

"My name is Hunter, for obvious reasons, if you get in my way be prepared to smell a lot of wolfsbane. Stay a distance from us, preferably in front" the male spoke up, tossing what looked to be an earpiece over to Mason who caught it easily and popped it in immediately.

Paps growled at his demanding tone, stepping forward to get into the lead. So used to be the leader on missions. But it was best, as our grandfather was known for being a wrecking ball so having him in the front was a good thing.

Hunter snorted at that but said nothing else to it. Justin and I fell in behind our grandfather as he leads us into the woods, Mason taking the leading position next to him. "We'll be leading then, keep up and stay alert. Our foe is not to be underestimated, though pray we will not be getting into contact with him today. Also don't solely rely on your sense of smell, because then you'll never see them coming"

I glanced over my shoulder to see the Elite team, a small Team of eight wolves. Their eyes flashing at the information yet their aura changed, eyes looking everywhere yet nowhere. They were serious and terrifying at the same time. Good thing they were on our side.

The woman saw me looking, her brown eyes catching my gaze making me look back in front of me quickly 'don't worry, Troy. They're the best at what they do. I've seen them in action a lot over the two years I was away' I looked up over at Justin as he spoke to me inside our connection.

Giving a small understanding nod I returned my head to the task at hand. Even though I was a little lost on the plan, I knew that that's fine. Because grandpa knew it, and Mason. And they won't let anything go wrong.

'Justin, Troy. This is solely a rescue. Try to avoid as much combat as you can. Leave the fighting to the Elite team, they're the best at that. As soon as we see Baker, you two have to make sure he's okay and get him back to the pack as quickly and efficiently as possible. Understood?' My grandfather spoke, not even sparing a glance back at us but he didn't need to.

It was a few miles through the woods before Mason and paps picked up the speed, and one by one we all followed suit keeping on their tail. Paps bulldozing through the foliage as Mason expertly dodged and jumped over it.

Running together it became clear how different they were. Paps being brute strength with decades of experience while Mason was agile and evasive while being a young seër. Probably overstepping a lot of rules with being so involved in all of this.

Seër's weren't typically allowed to get involved. They were passive advisors and that was it. But Mason either did not get the memo on that, or he was emotionally involved.

True he did grow up in this pack and possibly considered us family, I don't know what we would have done without him though.

Hold on, Baker. I'm on my way. Please be okay...

Baker's POV

The room around me was ice cold.

The surface beneath me damp and hard.

And my body was in flames.

Pain was engulfing my every sense, taking over every inch of my body. I swore even my soul was crying out in heart wrenching pain.