Chapter 4

Troy's POV

I woke up warm and cozy and feeling like the dead. I was numb and pretty sure I will have a kink in my neck for days. Groaning I stared at the wall before my eye caught my phone, a light blinking meaning I had a text.

Huffing I stayed paralysed for a few more minutes before I grabbed my phone and slid my finger over the screen that showed a picture of me and Baker both covered in flour and cocoa powder. We tried and failed at making a cake. This was taken 4 years ago.

As my phone flashed my messages i saw two from Baker, one of last night and one this morning. But when I scrolled and my eyes caught Justin's name I sat upright like I didn't just have sleep paralysis.

Grinning at the text I didn't send anything back only stared at the picture I had saved for him. He looked just a tab bit different now than he had 2 years ago. With his hair lighter and his skin tanned. Not to mention all that new muscle mass. I'd have to take a new picture of him.

With that thought in mind I slipped out of bed and got dressed. After covering myself in body spray I left my room and went downstairs to the kitchen. I got myself a glass of juice before looking around frowning "I have a feeling somethings missing but I don't know what"

"Your dad had to go to the pack house early this morning to talk with the enforcers" my mom said from her place at the bar flipping through her magazine while she ate her meusili.

"Huh" I took a seat next to my mom and leaned my cheek on my hand staring out the window across from me above the sink.

I saw a few people and wolves walking or running to get to their daily business. A few kids playing or going to the lake. I saw no Justin even though I knew he was working with the enforcers now I was still disappointed.

As soon as I finished my juice I saw Baker cross the clearing with his littlest sister. I got up and went to the door opening it smiling at the pretty cute girl "Felix, Gabe! Your girlfriend is coming!" I yelled before I got out of the house as fast as possible and ran to Baker past the laughing badass 12 year old.

His eyes widened as I just grabbed his wrist and turned towards the pack house "Hey Haley, bye Haley!" I called to the girl as she continued to chuckle returning the greeting and continuing on the the house.

Once we reached the pack house we slowed down and stared up at the 4 story, plus basement and attic, house where wolves came and went continously.

"Why are we here? Why don't we go into town to the arcade?" Baker asked and tried tugging me away with a huff as I didn't budge.

I sniffed the air and sighed longingly "Justin is in there" I probably sounded like a lovesick pup whining for its mate.

"Oh. Right. Mate guy. Well, let's go to the arcade. He's probably busy in there. Everyone is in there. My dad, Eddie's dad, YOUR dad. So let's leave" Baker rambled as he tugged me away from the house making me whine but not fighting this time knowing it would be for the best.

Baker kept our hands together as we walker through the woods toward town. I was thankful that he minimised the risk of my dad castrating either or both me and Justin. But Wolfe wasn't as thankful as I was.

All he wanted or cared to have was Justin within arms reach. So halfway through the forest just between our pack territory and the town territory, Wolfe took control and tripped Baker making him yelp and fall face first into a mud puddle.

I let his hand go as he went down and smiled innocently as he raised his face slowly "oops" I covered my mouth to keep from laughing at my mud covered best friend and took slow steps away.