Chapter 5

Justin POV

Once we made it to the pack house Troy supported Baker home only giving me a backward glance. I sighed following my brothers around to the back of the big pack house to where my clothes were and shifted from my maroon and brown wolf form to pull on my pants along with all my brothers.

"It's good to have you back bro" Mark walked over and pulled me into his side smiling at me. We were the same height, and he used to be gigantic compared to me.

"Good to be back Bro. How's the hospital doing? I heard you became name partner" I wrapped an arm around him happy to have all my best friends with me again.

"it's doing great. I didn't actually think I'd make partner at all until I was at least 50. But it's great that I made it this far already" he chuckled making me grin and pat his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you. You did good" he grinned at me before I was pulled into a hug that had be gasping for air "need. Oxygen"

But he didn't let go, instead almost all of my other brothers made themselves comfortable squeezing the life out of me.

"Mom" I wheezed and tried to wiggle free but it only seemed to get tighter.

"Let go of my baby! You'll all kill him!" I heard mom shriek making me sigh in relief as they all loosened up and dispersed.

"Thanks mom, I think I was seconds away from a coma" I smiled at her and she smiled back before going back into the house.

"Alright bud, what do you say we hit the town" Sam came up and swung a lazy arm around me that I ducked out of.

I ducked away from all of my brothers and walked away backwards "uh. Well. Maybe next time guys! See ya!"

With a wave I then made a run for it to our house next to the pack house and rushed up to my room to get cleaned up and properly dressed. I didn't have any chores or duties as of yet because everyone agreed I should get settled in before they over work me. And I'll be taking this time to catch up with my, Troy.

I did what my dad told me to do I looked at him with my true eyes and as I did, time seemed to have slowed down. Seeing his beautiful mixed coat and those sharp yellow eyes as he pounced around with Jacob just, had me staring. Mark had shot me a look and seemed like he wanted to come over but before he could reach me I couldn't stay away from Troy any longer and dashed forward to have him against me. And when we helped Baker, Austin gave me a knowing glance that had me stiffening.

And I did notice how Baker nuzzled up to him, usually I felt jealous but today, it didn't seem to matter. I knew he was mine, Baker is his best friend and always will be. He's most possibly Troy's first priority too. And I understood that.

I took my time showering and freshening up before I grabbed something to eat real quick just to tame my beast until I could eat again and left the house as quick as I could, as to not bump into Mark or Austin who seemed to have a lot of questions.

I sniffed the air for a minute to sense where I'd find Troy. Grinning I made my way to Baker's house. Stepping through the open door I peeked into the living room where Baker's mom sat with paper scattered around her.

She looked up before I could even say anything and stared at me before squeaking and jumping up running to me making me step out to catch her when she jumped into my arms.

"Justin! You big meanie! Why didn't you come by sooner!" She yelled but kept herself hugged to me.

I chuckled and hugged her tightly "hey, Vicki. Sorry my brothers kept me from doing my own thing until now" she peeled away from me and got back on her feet letting me get a look at her tweety PJs at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.