Chapter 13

Unknown POV

This... was weird. I have no other word for it. What were they doing? Did they even know how close they came to being killed?

Why did they risk it?

"They were so close. One step and I would have gotten to bite into them" my brother whined next to me. CLEARLY disappointed that the alpha had caught up to their pack member who seemed to have gone rogue.

"You are too eager to fight... they could have needed help" I stated dryly and stepped to the edge of our territory out from the shadows.

I stared at the dent they had left within the tree, a frown coming to my lips. My gut stirring. Why did I come here this morning... what made me want to patrol today...

I shook my head and turned back towards camp leaving my brother behind which he did not appreciate at all from the curses he shouted after me.

As soon as we arrived back to our hut screams rang through the air and our blood ran cold...

Justin's POV

It hurt... a lot. My chest my legs. Everything was starting to go numb, but I couldn't stop running. He was getting away from me and he ignored every call I made after him. This wasn't right what was going on.

Troy, snap out of it.

The moment that he sprinted from the house and shifted I knew something was terribly wrong. I didn't hesitate to go after him. His growl at Mason had startled us all... well except for Mason.

He wasn't that far behind me in the pursuit. Though for some reason he absolutely refused to shift and stayed in his human form. And yes he could keep up rather well. Mind blowing. He probably would've caught Troy by now if he shifted.

Troy where are you going!

We had crossed the outermost border of our territory miles back and just barely missed our neighbors territory where Sam and two of the other who had joined the pursuit, stopped. Perhaps someone there would be able to help the situation with Baker.

We got to a large cliff with no possible way of crossing, thinking that Troy would stop there, was a mistake. Because as I sped up in hopes of catching him he didn't even falter and made the leap.

My eyes wide I faltered but too late and lost footing. He leapt clear across without missing a beat but I slipped and almost plummeted down the cliff. My attempts to stop myself made me slip and a sharp rock edge cut clean through my leg.

Jacob came from the side tackling me away from the drop and we both tumbled through dirt coming to a halt inches away from near death 'Troy god damnit!'

Jacob left me as soon as he assured I wasn't in immediate danger and went around the worst part of the cliff until he could make a safe jump over to the other side. Going full speed and power after Troy.

What's happening...

"Justin!" Mason came rushing to me and fell to my side. My leg was coated in blood and wouldn't support my weight. "Causing so much trouble... who does he think he is"

'Something isn't right..' I stressed doing my best to try and get up on my other legs, yet failed as Mason grabbed bandages out of his bag which he just happened to have grabbed.

"Where? Did you get hurt somewhere else?" He asked as he stopped my leg from bleeding and searched for where else I could be hurt.

Zeke and Austin caught up to us and stopped to examine me as well 'no, not that. Not me... Troy. Something isn't right'