Chapter 16

Troy's POV

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I walked quickly trying to keep up with my grandfather. Justin right beside me as we left the clinic.

Everyone was outside their homes, mothers protecting their kids as their husbands either shifted into their wolves or pulled protective gear on their bodies. Guns, crossbows and all other kinds of weapons in their hands.

My father stood on top of a truck's roof, speaking to everyone gathered around. The Enforcer wolves looking ready to take on anything, looking deadlier than the men and women who were preparing to protect their families.

Our Beta was at his side as well as the Enforcers commander and the Elite team. My Grandfather took us past them to Bakers house making my stomach turn.

A hand in my own made me look over to see Justin staring dead ahead determination clear in his green gaze, which warmed my heart yet made the reality of it all more real.

As we entered the house, Mason stepping in next to my grandfather, the house was empty. Which was probably for the best. Henry was possibly between the Enforcers ready to go into combat and Vicky and the kids most likely went into town to be with her sister and her daughter to be able to keep the kids further away from whatever may transpire.

In the livingroom laid out a multitude of weapons and Mason went straight for his laid over an armchair. Which surprised me that seers were even allowed to carry a weapon as they were passive beings. Even Justin seemed startled by it.

"Mason, are you allowed to fight?" Justin spoke up as grandpa went to strip off his clothes, probably to shift into his monstrous wolf. One even I feared from time to time.

Mason's periwinkle gaze moved over to Justin as he sighed, grabbing probably his uniform from the chair. A black cloak trimmed with baby blue and white. Matching his dark flexible pants and boots. "Well, if I am going to be leading you into dangerous territory it makes no sense for me to go unarmed"

Justin seemed shocked as I walked over to the table to stare down at the scattered arrangement of daggers, and guns. Not comfortable in picking any of it up I decided to leave all the fighting to Wolfe. Who was more than ready to do what he needed to.

At least I was no defenseless animal, having had basic skill building with all the other's my age, even Baker.

And we don't know where he is.

Justin nodded his head at that before he too stripped off his clothes, shifting into his maroon and light brown pelted wolf making me take a breath, averting my eyes to try and keep a sliver of control over myself.

"What's going to happen now" I asked to mostly get my mind back on the task in front of us.

"The Elite team is going to be joining us while the rest of the Enforcers and the sorts are going to the belly of the problem to eliminate the looming threat. Jacob will be leading them. I gave him all the information I have and it seemed to have been enough for him to formulate a plan" Mason explained, looking straight at me making me stiffen staring right back at him.

I gulped and slowly nodded before pulling the shirt from my body as well as all other clothing to shift into my black wolf form. Shaking out my fur as Mason took up a long staff covered in intricate designs and an orb similar in colour to his eyes. He gazed at each of us before leading us out the back door just as the small Elite team came around the house ready to get going.

Two of them didn't shift, instead opted for their human form but heavily equipped with knives and guns. The scent of wolfbane heavily on them, making me feel an uneasiness in my stomach.