43. Just A Stranger

Hi fam!

Last update, in the end I wrote about spreading a smile and spreading love because the world needs it more than you know, and I didn't think just a few days later... we'd hear a suicide news. Someone did need it.

I was so shaken by Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide. He was gone too soon.

If anyone would like to talk anytime, just text me a hi. You don't need to explain yourself, you don't need to just start telling your life's story. If you need a friend, I'll be there.

I promise.

Coming to this update,
it is dedicated to s_dhriti

Happy Birthday, love! Well, it's tomorrow but I promised I'll update before your birthday, so here we go :)

Happy Reading! Your comments are love <3

✿ ✿ ✿

name: Just A Stranger
word count: 3600 words
published on: 16th June, 2020

✿ ✿ ✿

A/N:

I had promised to publish my OS 'Goodbye Stranger' yesterday, but there's so much happening around us right now, that I felt incredibly selfish for sharing something so light hearted and asking y'all to read it instead of doing something like... I don't know, spreading mental health awareness?

Except that, it's also a little left to write. I planned doing it a few days ago, but there were so many sad news that I couldn't bring myself to write.

I'm so sorry.

I'll be putting it up for y'all to read on this weekend, and let you know the real date in a day or two. Thank you!

[ unedited ]

N A N D I N I

Even after getting out of the Ferris wheel, I was in daze. If I could compare the way he kissed me on the top to a drug, I was proudly having a hangover.

My hand remained secured in his as we walked to Navya and Zubin, and Cabir and Aliya soon followed.

There was a smug smile on Aliya's face, and Cabir was smirking as well as Aliya held up her phone in front of my eyes, in almost a blinding way. I reflexively brought my face a little behind, leaving Manik's hand only to hold her phone and see what she was proudly displaying.

Of course. She had clicked a picture of me and Manik kissing.

And it was beautiful, I had to give her that. The sun was painted into a gorgeous pink with blue clouds and orange stripes of twilight at some places, and from her view, she had clicked when they were a little above us, taking the faint stars and the city behind us, but none of that mattered because the focus was on the two of us. We were sitting separate but his hand held me closer, another one on my face as he'd bent down to kiss me, our lips merely touching.

It was... dreamy.

"Thank you!" I murmured in a star struck daze. Her grin widened.