41. Happiness

Hi fam!

The dark mode of Wattpad is finally here. I love it.

Warning: This chapter was written in just two hours with an unexplainable mood. I'm sorry if it's cringy, lol. I am not very confident about it, and I may rewrite a few parts in the night, I'd let you know if I make a lot of changes.

Books also updated today: His & If You Leave Me Now on Dreame. I've sent links to everyone who asked, but if I've accidentally missed you, please let me know.

Happy Reading. Inline comments are love!

✿ ✿ ✿

name: happiness
word count: 3100 words
published on: 20 May, 2020

✿ ✿ ✿

M A N I K

I'd be quick to believe that my heart almost stopped for a long second when I heard a scream, in the voice  I could recognise anywhere and anyday.

Nandini.

I could feel my blood pump a little faster through my veins. I was scared, but I didn't waste a second to turn behind.

And there she was.

Fit and fine.

"Why the fuck did you scream?" I asked, slowly, emphasising each word.

She grinned, "You looked terrified of the darkness, I wanted to scare you more. Isn't that what one does to scare another? Shout in someone's ear?"

I didn't reply to her.

I took a moment to let my heart beat slower until normal and I caught my breath.

Little did she know, it wasn't the darkness I was terrified of.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she pouted like a baby, "I didn't think you'd be this scared. You look like you've seen a ghost."

"With everything that's happening these days, I don't think seeing a ghost will really terrify me," I mutter under my breath, "And no, I'm not mad. But thank you for the scare."

She smiled, almost victoriously, "Leave that. Did you look around. I did this all myself. With Aliya and Navya's help, of course."

I smiled, a little calmer, "Yeah, it's all beautiful... but do you mind switching on the lights?"

"It's supposed to be a candle light dinner. Are you still scared, baby?" She teased but walked to the switch board and switched on all the dim lights, eradicating the darkness out.

"You're here early, though," she said as she led us to the table, "I wasn't expecting you for another... five minutes. I was so shocked when I saw some figure entering my house in the dark, it almost gave me a heart attack, this is why I stayed inside to make sure it was you. And then when I was coming out anyway, I thought why not surprise you a little?"

"Shock is the word you're looking for," I remind her.

She rolled her eyes, "I told you I'm sorry."

"I should probably call Aliya and tell her I found you. She'd be freaking for no reason," I sigh, taking my phone out and ring Aliya up, but it goes unanswered.