4. Friends?

name:- friends?
word count:- 3700 words
published on:- 14th November, 18.

✿ ✿ ✿

N A N D I N I

"Okay!"

"No—... okay"

"Wait, okay"

"But—"

I face palmed myself watching the screen of my iPad as he continued pacing around his room with a terror striken face. His reaction, though expected, had started even making me question myself. Was there way too much drama in just the first day of my life?

"Okay! Let me count the things that you did in one day of going to Mumbai!" Abhimanyu finally calmed down sitting back on the couch and I bit my lower lip.

"First, you had an argument with the supposedly hottest boy of your college. Second, you kissed him. Third, you established that you have a crush on him which you don't. Fourth, you considered him the best kisser in the world. Fifth, he climbs into your balcony at night and you both patch up your two friends like fucking Cupids. And sixth and the most important, you cut my phone to talk to him?! Okay!" He said in one breath and I nodded negatively. What is with all the best friends of the world? Can't they get a single thing right? Or is it that they have to tell everything they know masala daalkar, huh?

"No, you've got it all wrong. I didn't cut the phone to talk to him, bymistake ho gaya. He hadn't come to meet me, voh Cabir ka kaam kar raha tha. I don't consider him the best kisser in the world, he considers himself that. He is one egoistic boy who loves himself more than the world. And most importantly, he kissed me, I didn't—....," I told him the right side of the story and he nodded negatively, cutting me in the middle.

"So, he kissed you. Okay! But did you kiss him back?" He said looking at me like Sherlock Holmes and I bit my lower lip, flushing in shades of red. Why do best friends have the right to know every detail of your life? It should officially be made illegal for them to ask them such details.

I knew he took my silence as an answer when he started stomping around with his hands on his mouth. "Abhi, mein kya karti!" I shouted. "I was caught off guard, I mean meine kabhi kisi ko kiss nahi kiya and—... he is hot toh ho gaya naa!" I said the last part slowly and more to myself. I mean, if such a hot boy comes and kisses you, toh it becomes thoda hard to refuse. Isme meri kya mistake?

"I'm sorry na. Ab tu bata mein kya karu!" I bit my lower nail cursing myself. Karne ke pehle kuch nahi sochti hu. I mean, it's very common for him to do all of this. He's hot, player hai, girls roam around him in lines like butterflies waiting to pollinate. But what would he be thinking of me? What kind of a girl I am, who kissed a guy she barely knew for ten minutes? Or actually, since when did I start thinking about what someone else thinks of me? This isn't me. What was even happening to me?

"Kya kar? Mujhse kyu puch rahi hai. First day kiss kiya hai. Second day propose kar lena. Third day, have a make out session. Fourth day, move in together. Fifth day ko thoda ek dusre ko jaan ne ke liye chod dena. Sixth day, get married. Seventh day, do what all married couples do and that's it! Seven days in Mumbai and you'd be settled with a family. Before you pass out college, tere bachche mujhe uncle bula rahe honge!" He smiled the sweetest smile I have seen in a while, making me fume.