18. In Love

name:- In Love
word count:- 3600 words
published on:- 8th June, 2019

✿ ✿ ✿

[unedited]

N A N D I N I

N A N D I N I

I woke up to a tingling sensation on my cheek, as if it were someone's lips brushing through my ear lobe and waking me from my beauty sleep.

With a small smile on my lips and rubbing my eyes with my right hand, stretching my way to the other side, I opened my eyes, half expecting to see Manik crawled up on my bed waking me just like the Prince Charming had woken Snow White. Did I really think that? Cringe.

But instead, when I went to touch him, he disappeared and as my eyes fully opened, there was no one. I was dreaming of him.

This wasn't me. I never dreamt of boys. I sure had a few crushes like every other teenager but I had never ever dreamt of a man kissing me out of my sleep. It was almost as if I could feel the change in me suddenly, if it were for better or for worst. I liked Manik, a little more than I should.

In the end of course, he was correct. I did end up falling for him. His charm might have not worked for an instant crush like it does on other girls, but in the end, I did fall for him just like he predicted.

I woke up lazily, sighing in disappointment as I brushed behind my loose strands of hair that were kissing me instead of his soft lips. I wasn't even sure if it was still morning, or if I had slept through it. I was just thankful that I got up with a contended sleep and a happy smile since the nightmares didn't repeat after Manik slept with me -- slept beside me.

But I woke up on his bed alone, his familiar warmth was lost and the cold air was all I had left with me. I rose from bed to see a covered tray beside his bed and a pink note on the top which I picked up instantly.

Good Morning, Sunshine. Or afternoon, whenever you wake up.

I'm at the café. My boss called up early and asked me to fill in for my colleague who plays before me.

I'd probably be in Hard Rock until early evening. Don't skip your food. Breakfast is kept beside you and lunch is in the fridge.

Abhi and Mukti are at the police station to give a statement instead of you and others are at the college, reporting the situation and getting you a leave for few days.

I'll be back soon, take care of yourself. Don't miss me too much, babydoll.

Lots of love to my love.