13. Jealous Much?

name:- Jealous Much?
word count:- 3500 words
published on:- 1st April, 2019.

✿ ✿ ✿

[unedited]

N A N D I N I

I knocked on Manik's room for the seventh time, and the answer was same as the last six times. "Two minutes, Nandini! Almost done." He shouted in a muffled voice.

I took a deep breath, calming myself from shouting at him slash beating his ass out. I swear boys take more times to get dressed up than girls sometimes.

It was exactly one hour, thirty seven minutes, fifty two seconds and counting since the kiss. And he was right, we did pretend like it never happened. Was it awkward? Nah. We're normal.

Our plans changed last minute. Instead of coming to see my house, we decided on meeting in a local club, because Cabir (and Navya) apparently had something to tell us.

Finally the door clicked open and the great Manik Malhotra came out wearing his jeans and a white shirt and two blazers in his hand. "Which one— black or blue?" He asked.

"Blue" I replied immediately, "black gives it a formal look." He shoots me a grateful smile. Although I'd love to see him in black, I think it would work with Persian Blue as of now. My mind could already not comprehend how hot the white shirt made him.

"Also because I'd be matching to you, huh?" He teased walking inside his room again and I grinned, not denying it like usual times. I almost forgot we'd match too, I thought as I looked at the short blue dress I was wearing with black stills.

He finally walked out, the blazer in his hand a she buttoned the sleeve of his shirt. I took our home keys as we walked out. "You know you take more time to get ready than a girl right?" I ask as we shut the door and he grins.

"Ofcourse I do. Looking sexy everyday isn't an easy job after all" he said and I raised an eyebrow. Cocky much?

"Who said you looked sexy?" I mocked back, imitating him and he rolled his eyes.

"Accept it, babe. I look hot as hell!" He smirked looking at himself in the mirror of the lift. Dinosaurs could come back to life but Manik's ego could never go away.

"You don't, Manik." I say, and he looks at me sideways, and his eyes roam from my face to my foot and back to my face, scanning me as I shifted consciously.

"You look pretty!" He smiles, leaning behind.

"Why, thank you!" I beam. "But this is still not making me tell that you're looking hot or anything!" I glare at him and his smile drops as he snarls.

"Come on. A small compliment for me!" He nags as I get out of the lift. "No Manik, no!"

He follows me, like a lost puppy repeating the same thing. "Come on, spill the truth sunshine!" He persuades.

"Okay, you don't look hot or anything, but you do look okayish," I tease turning around as I back walked.

"Just okayish?" He asked and I nodded, "unfortunately, nothing more!"

He glared at me and I giggled but my laugh didn't last as I tripped on something, and tumbled backward, as a pair of strong arms caught my waist, and brought me back to the ground, saving me.