The Final Chapter

She stood alone and in the dark, and everything was silent. Until she heard she heard a voice, calling.
"Tauriel!"
She recognised that voice. She had heard it long ago, calling the same word in fact, her name.
"Tauriel!"
She began to run towards the voice, and suddenly, she found herself in the tower of Ravenhill. The clashes and thuds from overhead came from Kili, locked in combat with the orc, Bolg. She called out:
"Kili!"
Then the scene whirled before her eyes, and suddenly, she was lying on the edge of the cliff, in terrible pain, and Bolg held Kili, raising a long, ugly, blade over his chest. Kili's eyes found her, and she looked back, horror blazing across her face. The blade flashed through the air, and into Kili's chest.
"No!"
She felt as if the blade had pierced her own body, so sharp was the pain. It tore at her heart, breaking it into a million peaces. As she watched, a single tear slid down Kili's cheek. He was gone.

Then everything else was gone too. She was falling, crying Kili's name, but there was no answer. And suddenly, her eyes opened. She was lying in her bed in Minas Tirith, Legolas beside her, still asleep. As she looked at him, she felt different. Not like she usually felt when looking at him, safe and happy, but cold and and scared. She did not feel love.

The next morning, she had completely forgotten about the dream, and the strange feeling had somehow diminished. She spent the morning with Eowyn again, and chatted to the hobbits, who were very happy to sit in the garden and talk, and smoke their pipes all day. After the coronation, they sat in Aragorn's hall again together. They talked long of their adventures. Frodo particularly liked to talk with Tauriel, as he had heard alot about the battle of five armies from Bilbo, and he wanted to hear about her side of the story.
"I wish Fili and Kili had survived the battle" Frodo said. "I would have loved to meet them"
It was in that moment, when Frodo said Kili's name, the memory of Tauriel's dream came rushing back to her. And also, the strange feeling about Legolas.

"Tauriel? Are you ok?" Eowyn asked, looking concerned.
Tauriel nodded.
"Yes. I'm ok, just a little tired" she said.
"Why don't you go to bed and sleep? You do look tired" said Eowyn.
Tauriel sighed.
"Yes.... I think I will do that. Goodnight, Eowyn"

Tauriel reached her bedroom, and lay down on the bed, trying to sleep. But she was afraid, afraid of what had happened the night before. She was so tired... Her eyes were slowly closing...

Suddenly, she was pitched back into the dream, on Ravenhill. She lay on the cliff edge again, watching Blog and Kili. Only this time, Kili wasn't there. Instead, a much taller, blond haired man fought the huge orc. Tauriel felt terror fill her again. Not this! Anything but this! It was Legolas.
Now Blog had seized him, and was raising the huge blade above his body, just as he had done with Kili. The blade slashed down, and straight into Legolas's chest. A sharp intake of breath- and his lifeless body fell to the ground. Tauriel screamed. This couldn't be happening. It couldn't! But it was.

The cliff began to crumble beneath her, and she tried to run, to get to Legolas. But his body had gone. Everything was gone. She stood alone in the dark. A voice suddenly hissed from the shadows, and it seemed to come from all around her.
"It was your fault!"
Tauriel turned around, trying to find the source of the voice. But she was, as ever, alone.
"He died because of you"
"No!" Tauriel cried back.
"And your husband will go the same way!"
"No! He will never go!"

She tried to block out the voice, but it went on, even as she tried to run.
"Everyone you love dies"
Suddenly, two figures appeared Infront of her. They shone silver, and they seemed to float off the ground, though Tauriel wasn't entirely sure that there was a ground. She looked back at the figures. They were Kili and Legolas. But something was wrong. Something was very wrong. Looks of cruelty and hatred were on both their faces, as Tauriel had never seen them before. They began to speak, and, instead of their usual voices, they spoke with that hissing, evil sound.

"It was your fault" sneered the horrific shadow of Kili.
"This isn't love! You will never know love!" Hissed Legolas.
They began to speak together, voices thick with malice.
"This is not love... There is no... Love...in you! It... Isn't... Real. It never was! You do not know love! If this is love, do you want it?"
"No!" Tauriel screamed, tears flowing thick and fast from her eyes. She did not want love! She wanted to leave. She wanted it to end. Forever. Then she could join her mother, and her father. Maybe even find Kili, and tell him how sorry she was, sorry that he had died, sorry that it was her fault.

Without knowing that she had woken, she got out of bed and ran out of the door. Legolas was not there. She would have liked to see him one last time. But maybe that would have made it harder to do what she knew she must do. For she had to do it, she knew she had to. She would never find peace untill it was over. She ran out of the door into the garden, and ran cross it, passed the white tree. Now she was almost at the tip of the large part of the Citadel that jutted out over the city, were Aragorn's coronation was held earlier.

Tauriel hesitated, looking down into the city below. Was this really what she wanted? Yes. She could not hide it from herself. She had to do it, if she was ever to escape. But what about Mylaela, and Lilith? Would they be ok without her? Tauriel was sure that Legolas, Filauria and Aldon would look after them ok, and her daughters would be happy. They were better off without her anyway. Maybe they would understand. And perhaps Legolas would too. Peace was very close now. All she had to do was jump, and everything would be gone.

But she was afraid. Would it hurt to die? It might, for a second. It did not matter. But why was she waiting? Someone might spot her at any minute! Now was the moment! She closed her eyes, and jumped.

For a single half second, she fell, cold air rushing passed her, before something grabbed her arm, and she hung there. She looked up, and saw him. Legolas! Suddenly, the full realisation of what she had just done washed over her. What had she been thinking? She had almost killed herself, and would have done if it hadn't been for Legolas! She held tightly onto his hand, and pulled her back onto the citadel.

Tauriel did not know what to say, or do. She could have ended it right then. She wanted to, she really did. She tried to get up, but Legolas held onto her, not letting her move.
"Legolas, you have to let me go. Please!"
"No!" He replied, "no, Tauriel, I will not let you go! Never!"
"I want to leave this world and this pain!" She cried, trying to prise his hands off her. But he would not let go.
"Tauriel, listen to me. You are loved more than you know! The children, my father, Galadriel and Celeborn, they all love you! Tauriel, you stole my heart years ago. I have loved you for hundreds of years. I love you, Tauriel Greenleaf, and I always will"

She stared at him, but still did not believe.
"I cannot stay here! I cannot love you!it would be your fate, Legolas, and I can't let that happen. I can't love you any longer!"
Legolas looked back at her, but Tauriel refused to meet his eyes. Suddenly, he moved forward, and started to kiss her. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak. Pain was filling her heart, overcoming her soul. But somehow, it felt as though there were two pains. One had been there since her dream, and the second seemed to come from Legolas. A battle was raging in her heart, as the desire for death, and Legolas's love fought for her, for her soul, her life. Then something seemed to vanish. It broke. Tauriel raised her arms and placed them around her husband's neck, and held on. The evil had left her.

They broke apart, Tauriel's eyes full of tears.
"You saved me" she whispered.
She gazed up into his eyes for the last time in our story, and as emerald green met ice blue, she realised that Legolas was right. She had found it. This was real. This was love.

Hey everyone! This is the last chapter of this story, and I'd like to thank you all for reading it. I would also like to say thanks to everyone who was following me when I finished this story, Searching_for_tardis, Dragonhybrid101, Potatoado and AnastasiaR1918. Finishing this was a bit upsetting, but at least there is a happy ending. Once again, thank you for reading this story, and if you liked it, I'm writing others! Please vote and comment! Thanks! Goodbye 😁

Ok hi everyone! This is about six months later now. I've just finished making this Legoriel Ocean Eyes video❤️ hope you like it♥️♥️♥️ I also have Instagram now, and I have a Lotr/ Th fan account, Legoriel_is_my_life. Follow me for lots more Legorielness ♥️♥️♥️