New Life

"My Lord?"
Legolas turned around. Aldon stood before him.
"Yes?" Legolas replied.
"King Thranduil would like you to take the guard out today. He says he was informed that a nest of spiders was discovered in the forest, two days march from here. He wishes you to lead the guard in the Lady Tauriel's stead." Aldon finished speaking and waited for Legolas's reply.

"Two day's march from here?"
"Yes, my lord"
"But that will take five days at least! And Tauriel's baby will be here any day now!"
"She will be fine, Legolas, there are plenty of very experienced healers here, and Tauriel is strong." Filauria had appeared behind him.
"I suppose.... Ok. Aldon, come and help me get the guard ready."

Two hours later, Tauriel was sitting in her bedroom with Filauria. They were discussing names for their babies, as both were due very soon.
"I like Mylaela. It's pretty, and musical." Tauriel patted her swollen belly. "What do you think?" She whispered "Mylaela? If you're a girl, that is."

Filauria giggled.
"I love the way you talk to your baby, even though it's not born yet! What about a boy's name then?" She asked.
"Maybe..... Othiorian?" Tauriel replied.
At that moment, Legolas walked in.
"Are you two thinking of names again?" He asked.

Tauriel nodded. Legolas laughed.
"You've talked about pretty much nothing else since you realised you were pregnant, both of you! Well, what have you thought of so far?"

"Mylaela, if she's a girl. Othiorian if he's a boy." Tauriel replied.
"Definitely! I love those names!" He walked over and kissed her softly.
"I can't wait for our baby to be born!" He whispered.

"Legolas! Come on! The guard is ready!" Aldon called from the doorway. He walked in and kissed Filauria on the lips.
"Were are you going?" Tauriel asked.
"Ada has been informed of a spider nest, not too far from the palace. We're going to get rid of the spiders before they get out of hand." Legolas replied.

"How long will you be gone for?" Asked Filauria.
"Five days... Six at the most" Aldon said.
He kissed Filauria again.
"I'll see you soon, my love" he whispered, and left. Legolas kissed Tauriel, and followed Aldon out of the door.

"Do you think they will be alright?" Asked Filauria, when the door had swung shut.
"Of course they will! Don't worry, they can both fight amazingly!" Tauriel assured her. She was a little worried, but she knew Legolas was strong and brave. He would be back in five days anyway.

Two days later, Legolas and the Guard had arrived at the spider nest. Hundreds of spiders were crawling around it, climbing up the trees and spinning their webs. They made camp in the trees nearby. When they had put on their armour, they began to slip slowly towards the spider nest.
Legolas raised his hand.

The archers all fired. Spiders screamed as arrows hit them and ran towards the elves. Another wave of arrows sped towards the spiders, and more elves ran amongst them, slashing with their daggers. Spiders fell all over the place. They were no match for the highly trained elves!

Suddenly, Legolas heard hooves behind him. Had one of the horse's broken free? He turned around, and saw an elf riding the horse. A messenger from the palace!
"This can't be good" he muttered, as he ran away from the battle, the messenger following.

"What is it? Be quick, I need to rejoin the fight!" Legolas said.
"My lord, it's Lady Tauriel! The baby is coming!"
Legolas stared at him.
"Tell Kolvar that he must lead now. I need to get back to Tauriel!"

Legolas ran back to the camp, and swung himself into the horse's saddle. He rode through the trees, muttering to the horse, spurring it onwards. Tauriel would probably have had the baby by the time he got back. Or she and the baby might both be... No, he mustn't think about. They would be fine, the healers would make sure if it.

He arrived back at the palace the next morning. They hadn't stopped for the night, but kept moving. Legolas jumped off his horse and handed the reigns to Poldo, who led it away to the stables.

Legolas ran up the stairs, two at a time, until he reached the healing house. He pushed open the door.
"Tauriel!"
Tauriel looked up at him. She was lying on a bed, with Filauria and Calarel sitting beside her. There was a tiny baby in her arms.

"Legolas?" She whispered.
"Oh, Tauriel! Are you ok?" He asked, running over to her.
"Of course! More than ok! Look, Legolas, our little girl! Isn't she beautiful?" Tauriel smiled.
"She is beautiful! What shall we name her?"
"Mylaela, I think. Do you want to hold her?"
Legolas beamed as Tauriel layed Mylaela in his arms. She opened her eyes and gazed up at him. He could hardly believe it! He was a father!

The door opened and Thranduil walked in.
"Tauriel? Are you alright?" He asked.
"Yes, I'm great!" She replied "come and meet your granddaughter!"
Thranduil came over to the bed and stood beside Legolas. Legolas passed Mylaela to him.
"My granddaughter! She is so beautiful!"

That night, as Legolas lay in bed, all he could think about was his beautiful little daughter. He was going to be the best father in the world, he decided. Or try to be, anyway.

Hey everyone! Hope you liked this chapter. They finally have a baby! Looks like Thranduil was right, doesn't it? 😂
Anyway, please comment and vote! Bye!👋