Lothlorian

That night, Aldon and Poldo sat outside the gates. The sky was slowly darkening. Suddenly Aldon jumped up, staring into the twilit trees ahead of them. Poldo stared at him, then he got up too.
"What is it?" He whispered.
"A horse and it's rider. An elf, judging by the pace" Aldon replied.

They stood in silence, arrows ready on their bows, pointing into the trees, the soft clopping of the horse becoming steadily louder. Then the horse and it's rider came out from the trees, and the light from the window spilled over them.

An elf with long, white hair like Thranduil and Legolas's, and he rode a white horse. A Gray elf from Lothlorien. They lowered their bows, and the Gray elf dismounted, saying:
"I bring a message from the Lady Galariel of Lorien." 

"How was your journey here?" Asked Aldon, as Poldo led the messenger's horse away to the stable for the night.
"Oh, perfectly smooth, I thank you. No sight of orcs, or those terrible giant spiders" he replied "I set forth from Lorien two days hence, and with lord Thranduil's leave, I shall department tomorrow to give the Lady his reply."

Aldon and the messenger entered the throne room.
"A message from Lothlorien, My Lord"
He said.
"Indeed? From Lorien you say?"
" From the white Lady of the Galadhrim, My Lord" replied Aldon.
"Very well, go now and return to your post, Aldon" Said Thranduil.
"Yes, my Lord". He bowed again and left the room.

"What is your name?" Enquired Thranduil "and what is this message you bring me?"
"Cymbiir is my name, my lord. My message is this: The lady Galariel invites you, your son and his fiancée to visit her in Lothlorien were they will hold a party in celebration of Prince Legolas's engagement."

When Cymbiir had finished speaking, Thranduil stood up.
"Thank you for delivering this message, Cymbiir" he said "go now and tell Aldon to send word to the prince that I wish to see him tomorrow morning."
"Yes, my Lord. Tomorrow I shall take my leave and inform the Lady of your acceptance" Cymbiir said, bowing and then walking out of the room.

The next morning, Tauriel was woken by a knock on the bedroom door. She pushed aside the long white hangings and slipped out of bed, not waking Legolas. She opened the door to reveal a dark haired elf by the name of Braern. He bowed to her to her and said:
"Sorry to wake you so early, my Lady, but the king Thranduil wishes to see you and prince Legolas as soon as you are ready."

Tauriel thanked him and he left. Then she walked over to the bed.
"Legolas!, Legolas, my love, you need to get up" she murmured in his ear. He rolled over, muttering incomprehensibly. She shook his a little harder.
"Legolas! Get up! Now!"
He didn't move. Tauriel rolled her eyes.
"Oh, Elbereth, give me strength! Get Up! Now!"

Finally, Legolas opened his eyes and sat up.
"Good morning, My beautiful bride-to-be." He murmured sleepily.
"Your farther wants to talk to us, My love. You need to get up now!"
"What about?"
"I don't know, I was only told that he wanted to see us"

Soon, they were both dressed and walking down the carved wooden stairway towards the throne room. Thranduil greeted them and told them of Cymbiir's message. They both very much wanted to go to Lothlorien, and meet Lady Galariel.
"You are coming to, are you not, Ada? Asked Legolas.
Thranduil shook his head.
"No" he said "I must remain here to watch over my people. Galariel and Celeborn will be coming here soon anyway"
"Why?" Asked Legolas.
"Your wedding, of course!"

The next day, a company of six elven warriors, each riding a glossy chestnut horse and a large carriage pulled by four white horses were waiting outside the great front doors of the palace. This was how Legolas and Tauriel were to travel to Lothlorien.

As they got into the carriage and seated themselves comfortably on the large cushioned seat at the front, Legolas said to Tauriel:
"I don't believe Ada sent for six warriors to come with us! I mean, we are perfectly able to protect ourselves!"
She laughed a little at his indignation.
"He just doesn't want you to get hurt" she said "After all, you are the only family he has left. It's natural that he should be over protective."

They both sat in silence for a while. Tauriel was thinking about what she had said. His past had been blighted with loss almost as much as her own. She knew that his mother had died shortly after giving birth to him. She had been killed by a large pack of orcs, and his uncle, Ilthuryn had died trying to defend her. Of course, Thranduil would have also given his life to save her, but he had not been there. Ilthuryn had always been loyal to Legolas's parents. Legolas had no memory of him, or his mother.

Two days of traveling later, the company crossed the Silverload and came into Lothlorien. They were greeted by Haldier, a tall elf clad in a long, dark blue-gray cloak, and  shining silver armour. Haldier was the captain of the Galadhrim, an army of incredible archers. He led them through the trees, and as they walked, they heard singing, coming from the trees. Looking up, they saw houses and bridges linking the trees together. They walked on.

At last, they came to a great hill, covered with soft green grass. On this hill stood a double crown of trees.
The outer circle had snowy white bark, and bore no leaves upon their smooth branches. The inner were Malorn trees, higher than any they had ever seen, with leaves of pale gold. In the center, the tallest tree in all stood, and in it there gleamed a great white platform.

They climbed the winding staircase that wound all the way up the trunk of the tree until they stepped out onto the platform. Two figures walked towards them. Both were clad in long white robes, which flowed behind them. The hair of the lord was of silver, and he looked down at them warmly. The Lady had long golden hair reaching to her waist. A strong, pure light seemed to shine from her face. It was Celeborn and Galariel.

Hey readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. So much longer than usual, but I intend to keep them long. Not alot to say really. Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment! See you later 😁