The party

"Greetings, my Lord and Lady" said Legolas bowing low to each of them. "I am Legolas, son of Thranduil. I bring greetings from my father, who regrets that he is unable to accept your invitation, but hopes that you are well, and looks forward to seeing you at our wedding. And this is my beautiful fiancée, Tauriel, captain of the Mirkwood guard."

Tauriel bowed too. She then noticed that Galadriel was gazing down at her, with a queer expression on her face. Almost as if she had seen Tauriel before, but had forgotten her until now. But then she shook her head slightly, and the expression was gone.

"Welcome to Lothlorien" said Galadriel. She smiled brightly at them. Celeborn nodded.
"We hope that your stay here will be very enjoyable" he said.
"It will, I'm sure, my lord Celeborn" said Legolas, bowing to them.
"I would like to thank you for holding this party in our honour. It is much appreciated" Said Tauriel.

Galadriel and Celeborn led them across the smooth wooded bridge leading into the next tree. This tree also had a platform, with high walls, and a domed roof. The walls were carved right through in many places, so the room needed no windows. It was rather like a gigantic bird cage, or a lantern. This was the great ballroom, were gatherings and parties were held. A raised platform stood at one end, were a collection of beautifully made instruments sat. Among them, Tauriel could see a Harp, and a  Flute, although she didn't recognize many others.

Lady Galadriel then showed them around the banquet hall, the house of the Galadhrim, the armoury, and many more places besides. They enjoyed every minute of their tour. Finally, she led them to a room at the top of a Malorn tree. The room was large, airy and extremely comfortable. There was a large soft bed at one side, and a great tall window, facing the high mountains.

"What mountains are those, Lady Galadriel?" Asked Tauriel.
"That is Cahradras, and on either side lies Celbedil and Fanuidhol. Under them lies Kazadum, the dwaradelf." She replied. Then a look of great sadness came over her face. "In eldar days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone"
"You speak of the mines of Moria, my lady?"
She nodded "the world was fair in Durin's day."

An hour later, Tauriel and Legolas were both ready. Tauriel was wearing a long, palest violet dress, of the finest silk. Legolas was wearing a silver robe, that set off his white blond hair magnificently.
"You look stunning, my love!" Said Legolas, as Tauriel finished braiding her hair. A beautiful golden tiara had been left on the dressing table for her use. She put it on, and it did look amazing with her deep red hair.

"You look great too, Legolas" Tauriel replied. He grasped her waist and spun her around. She kissed him on the lips.
"Come on, we had better go! The party will be starting soon" she said.

They made their way to the ballroom were they met Galadriel and Celeborn. They looked around. A group of elves in long, white and silver robes were standing beside the instruments on the raised platform. At least a hundred elves were sitting in chairs around the edges of the room, or standing on the dance floor, talking to each other. A table opposite the door bore a selection of drinks.

Then the music started. Legolas took Tauriel's hand.
"May I have this dance?" He asked,
bowing to her. She laughed, and kissed him.
"Of course, my Lord Legolas" she replied.

A while later, she had danced not only with Legolas, but with the lord Celeborn, a tall, black haired silvan elf that she did not know the name of, and one of the warriors of Mirkwood that had accompanied them to Lorien, who's name was Edrahil. She was now dancing with Haldier, the captain of the Galadhrim. She looked over at Legolas, who was near her, dancing with the Lady Galadriel.

When the song ended, Haldier bowed to Tauriel, and left to get a drink. Legolas came over and sat next to her.
"Great party, isn't it" he said.
She nodded. It had certainly been very enjoyable so far.
Presently they were joined by Lady Galadriel.
"Would you please follow me, Legolas and Tauriel? It won't take long, we can rejoin the party afterwards." She said to them.
"Of course" said Tauriel, as Legolas stood up.

They followed Galariel out of the ballroom and along one of the bridges leading into a different tree. Presently the came to a large balcony, overlooking the forest, and saw that Lord Celeborn was waiting for them.
"There is something I need to tell you" Galadriel said. " But first.... Do you know how you came to Mirkwood, Tauriel? For I know that you were not born there"

Legolas told her the story of how he and his father had found Tauriel, when she was a very young elfling. They had heard her cries, and discovered the body of an elf and his horse, both dead, clearly killed by orcs. They had been unable to identify the elf or the elfling, so they took her back to Mirkwood and Thranduil had raised her as his own.

"So you never knew who her parents were?" Asked Lord Celeborn. Legolas shook his head.
"Never"

Galadriel and Celeborn looked at each other, and then back at Tauriel, who was very confused. What was going on?
"Excuse me" said Tauriel "but I don't understand. Why are you so interested in who my parents were?"
"Because" said Galadriel "i am sure I know who your mother is"

Hello! Did you like this chapter? I like it. I hope you are all really excited for the next chapter! Who does Galariel think Tauriel's mother is? And is she still alive?
Please comment and vote! Bye bye!👋