The truth

Forty years had now elapsed since Mylaela and Haemir were born. As elves take fifty years before they become teenage, and a hundred to become adults, the two young elves were now the age equivalent to around eight for a human child.

Mylaela was tall and slender, like her parents, with long straight coppery gold hair that reached almost to her knees, and dark green eyes. She loved to fight, and was very skilled with her daggers and bow. She could was also very brave, and kind and had a strange sense of other people's emotions, for she could almost always tell what people were feeling. She said she could see it in their eyes, though it was sometimes as if she could read people's minds. Haemir was also tall, and he had become very handsome. He had shoulder length black hair, and deep brown eyes, and was also a brilliant archer. The pair were inseparable, and had been friends almost since birth. They often reminded Tauriel and Legolas of how they themselves had been at that age.

And now they both had younger siblings. Tauriel had had another daughter twenty years after having Mylaela. Her name was Lilith, and she had ice-white, shoulder length curls, and brown eyes. She got on very well with her sister, but of course they had disagreements. Lilith was also great friends with Haemir's younger sister, Alaesa. They were just as inseparable
As Haemir and Mylaela.

It was midnight, and darkness had settled over Mirkwood. Everything was quiet, still. Up in the higher levels of the palace, in the room nextdoor to Legolas and Tauriel's, Mylaela lay asleep. But she did not seem peaceful. She twitched slightly, and a tear slid from beneath her closed eyelid.

Suddenly she sat up, and cried out, tears streaming down her cheeks. Footsteps from the next room. Tauriel and Legolas had woken. Seconds later they burst in and ran over to Mylaela.
"What's going on? Lilith, did you see what happened?" Legolas asked his younger daughter.
"No... No, I just woke up now... When she shouted.." Lilith answered, looking scared.

Tauriel was sitting beside Mylaela's bed, holding her tightly.
"What happened? My darling, what's the matter?" She whispered.
Mylaela was still shaking.
"I had a dream... A terrible dream... But it seemed... Like more than a dream... It was so real!"
"What did you dream about?" Legolas had come over, followed by Lilith, who climbed onto the bed and sat next to her sister.

"I- I saw a man... He was tall, and had dark hair and a short beard, and he bore a strange ring on his finger. Then there was a dwarf... And a very tall, old man with a gray robe and a pointed hat.... And another man who carried a round shield, and four small people, who looked like men, but were only child size. And then I saw a great tower, in a black land, all smoke and dust and darkness... It was horrible!" Mylaela started to shake again.

Legolas put his arm around her.
"Is that everything?" He asked.
"No. At the top of the tower there was an eye, a flaming red eye! And then it vanished, and I saw something gold... Something small.. and i felt like the eye was Searching for it, but I could not see properly what it was. And then... And then... I saw Ada.. riding away into the darkness... And he was... Gone"

Mylaela burst into tears again, and Tauriel stared at Legolas.
"Do you think this was just a dream, or something more?" She asked.
"I don't know" he replied, shaking his head, "but I know one thing. I will never leave you. Never!"

Tauriel was asleep, and Legolas was in the bathroom when Mylaela came into their bedroom the next morning. She went over to the bed and pulled at her mother's arm.
"Ammê?" She asked, trying to wake Tauriel. Tauriel looked around at her daughter.
"What is it, Mylaela?" She asked.
"Ammê, who is Kili?"

Tauriel stared at her daughter. How could Mylaela possibly know about Kili? She had never told them, preferring to wait until her children were older before telling them about the great battle of five armies, and she was sure that Legolas had never said anything either!

"What did you say?" She whispered.
"Who is Kili?" Mylaela repeated.
"How do you know about him? Who told you?" Tauriel was very confused. Mylaela sounded almost as if she had met Kili.
"No-one told me... Well, he told me himself" Mylaela answered.

Tauriel was shocked! This didn't make any sense at all. Kili was dead, she had seen it happen, had wept over his body, had kissed his lifeless lips.
"Mylaela, I need you to come with me, and tell me everything you know"

Tauriel led her eldest daughter down the stairs into the garden. It was deserted, as Tauriel had expected.
They say down on the grass and Tauriel said:
"You need to tell me everything you know about Kili, and also how you know it"
"Ok" Mylaela looked up at her mother, and saw pain in her eyes. She must have known Kili well.
"Well, last night, After I had the bad dream, I went back to sleep- or at least, I think I did- and I had this other dream.... Or maybe it wasn't a dream, I don't know. But I saw a dwarf, I'm sure he was a dwarf. He had black hair, and dark eyes. He spoke to me, he said "you are Tauriel's daughter?" I nodded, and he continued "why do you despair, child?" I told him that I thought terrible things were going to happen. He nodded, and said "you are not mistaken. Your father will leave, but not forever. Not like I did." I asked him what he meant, and he told me "I knew your mother. She saved my life, and I made her a promise. But I broke it." Then he started to fade, and I asked him who he was. He said his name was Kili. And then he vanished"

Tauriel was still staring at her daughter, not saying a word.
"What's the matter, ammê? Asked Mylaela.
Tauriel sighed.
"I knew Kili... We captured him and his friends when they were travelling through Mirkwood. When they were in prison here, I spoke to him in his cell. I think I fell in love with him. But they escaped, and Kili was wounded by an orc arrow. Your father and I followed them to lake town, where I healed him. Then a dragon destroyed lake town, and Kili left to join his company on the lonely mountain. But before he left, he promised me that he would be ok. The dragon was then killed by a man named Bard, and there was a huge battle over the treasure. Kili's brother Fili and his uncle Thorin were killed by a terrible orc who had been hunting them for years. The orc nearly killed me, but Kili saved my life. The orc killed him. Just when I realized that the love I had was real, I had to let it go."

Hi! We are getting close to the end now, and we have found that Mylaela has a gift of foresight, probably inherited from lady Galariel, her great grandmother. She has also been visited in her sleep by Kili's ghost.
Anyway, if you liked this chapter, please vote and comment! Have a nice day!😁