Sweet and perfect

Two days after Mylaela was born, Filauria had her baby, a little, dark haired boy called Haemir. Filauria and Tauriel spent alot of time together, as neither of them could be on duty. They sat in the garden, or walked in the forest, or sometimes helped the healers collect herbs and tend the wounded guard elves.

Legolas and Aldon joined them at meal times, and when they weren't on duty.
"How's Mylaela been today?" Asked Legolas one evening, as he walked into the bedroom. He had been late because the guard had had to track a small group of orcs, hiding in the forest.

"Oh, she's been fine. Not cried alot, thank goodness." Tauriel replied. She sank on to the bed with a sigh.
"You look tired, my love" said Legolas
"Are you sure you're not doing too much work?"
"I'm fine, really, Legolas. Just a little tired. All mothers have to put up with this."

"Here, let me take Mylaela and you can go and get ready for bed. You can have a long, relaxing bath if you want." Offered Legolas.
He lifted Mylaela out of Tauriel's arms.
"Come, Mylaela, ada's going to hold you for a while so ammê can rest." He whispered to her.

Later that night, Legolas awoke to Mylaela crying. Tauriel was trying to quiet her. He sat up and looked around. It was still dark, and the stars were shining outside the window.
"Tauriel! Why didn't you wake me? I can do it, you go back to sleep. You need rest!" Said Legolas, taking Mylaela.
"Ok, ok. Thank you, Legolas. You go to ada now, sweetie." Tauriel added to Mylaela.
" Sleep well, my love. Or at least, sleep a bit."

The next morning, when Legolas woke up, Tauriel was already gone. He could hear water running in the bathroom nextdoor, and the sound of Tauriel and Filauria's voices. He got dressed and headed towards the bathroom door. Before he reached it, Tauriel walked through.
"Good morning! How are you today, my love?" She asked brightly.
"I'm great, thanks. Did you get enough sleep?"
"Yes! Stop worrying about me, Legolas. It's very sweet of you but I'm fine."

Legolas rolled his eyes.
"Ok! Where's Mylaela?" He asked.
"In the bathroom. Filauria is keeping an eye on her. We were just giving Mylaela and Haemir a bath. They love it! " Tauriel laughed.
Legolas lifted her up and kissed her forehead.

"You know, we haven't had a proper kiss in ages" he said.
"No?"
Tauriel reached out and pulled him towards her. He started to kiss her, pushing her up against the wall. She kissed him harder. The door opened.
"Prince Legolas- oops! Bad time?" Kolvar, a member of the guard was standing in the doorway. He started to laugh as Tauriel turned towards him, looking guilty. Legolas nodded and cupped his hands around Tauriel's face.
"Sorry, Kolvar. We're not quite fished yet. You will have to wait for a minute. Or five." Legolas said, as he continued kissing Tauriel.

Kolvar sighed.
"Oh, for heaven's sake! I just have to stand here and watch you suffocate each other, do I?"
Tauriel nodded.
"Or you could go and help Filauria with the babies. She might need a hand." Legolas suggested.
"Thanks..... But I think I will just stay here and watch you demonstrate the the best way to use your-" he stopped, and gazed up at the ceiling.
"Your what?" Asked Tauriel.
"Never mind"

When they finally broke apart, Kolvar started to speak.
"Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn have arrived to congratulate you. And to meet your new baby, of course. Also, Lord Elrond and Lady Arwin will be coming soon."
"Galadriel's here?" Tauriel gasped. She ran to the bathroom, and Filauria looked up at her.
"Galadriel and Celeborn have come to meet our new babies. Come on, we need to get them dressed quickly!"

Ten minutes later, they headed out of the bedroom and down the stairs.
"What were you doing just now anyway, Tauriel? Filauria asked "I thought I heard something hit the wall..."
Tauriel winced.
"Uhhhh... I guess that would have been me" she replied.
"What? What were you doing?"
Kolvar smirked.
"Something very privet. With Legolas" he said.
Filauria burst out laughing.
"That's an exaggeration!" Tauriel said, annoyed.
Kolvar started to laugh too.
"One baby not enough for you?" He asked, raising one eyebrow. Legolas scowled at him.
"Shut up, Kolvar."

When they got to the dining room, they found Thranduil, Galariel and Celeborn sitting at the table, as they had expected. What they had not expected was the person sitting beside Thranduil. It was Bard, the king of Dale. All his children were there too, and Singred's husband and daughter.

Everyone looked up as they entered. Singred and Tilda waved. Galadriel smiled and gestured for them to come and sit down.
"Hello, Tauriel" she said "how are you?"
"I'm very well, thankyou" Tauriel replied.
"Who are your friends?" Asked Celeborn.
"Oh, yes. This is Filauria, my very great friend, and this is Haemir, he was born only two days after Mylaela here. And this is Kolvar, another friend" Tauriel said.

"Mylaela? What a beautiful name! Congratulations, My dear, and you too, Legolas! Oh, she is beautiful, isn't she. Definitely has her parents' good looks." Galadriel smiled at the baby in Tauriel's arms.

"Kolvar, why did it take you so long to bring them all down here? It can't have taken you that long to get up the stairs" Thranduil inquired.
"Well.... They were a little..ummm... busy... When I arrived" Kolvar replied.
"They were-" he broke off as Legolas shook his head sharply.
"Tidying their bedroom" he finished,
grinning over at Legolas, who had stopped shaking his head before anyone noticed.
"Tidying their bedroom, were they?" Something in Thranduil's tone made Legolas certain that his father knew perfectly well what Kolvar had been about to say.

"Yes, we were! Not anything inappropriate or unnatural" Tauriel insisted.
"Then why is Filauria laughing?" Asked Thranduil. ,
"Yeah, Filauria, why are you laughing? Asked Legolas, shooting her a pointed glare.
Filauria looked at him, and then at Tauriel, innocently.
"It's nothing"

Hey, what's up? 👍 Did you like this chapter? I thought it was kinda funny... 😁, Anyway, enjoy your day and don't forget to vote and comment. Oh, and don't forget to come back in a few days and read the next chapter. And the next one. And the next one. See you all later! 👋