Don't Leave Me

Tauriel awoke suddenly. For a moment she was confused. Why was she lying on the floor in an unfamiliar woodland? She was also lying beside someone. Then she remembered. She had been banished and she and Legolas had left to start a new life together! And of course, the person lying next to her was Legolas himself. It was still dark. With a sigh, she laid her head on his chest and went back to sleep.

"You can't catch me!" Legolas shouted.
"I can! I'm faster than you" Tauriel giggled indignantly.
She pushed aside the leafy branches that Legolas had just vanished into. She stared around. He must be hiding.
"Leggy?" She called uncertainly. " Leggy, come out!"
Nothing happened. Were was he? She ran around, searching all the bushes.
"Leggy!" She cried "Leggy, you win, you're the fastest, just come back!"
Then she added "I'm scared!"
She sat down and started to cry. Suddenly something dropped out of a tree behind her and grabbed her around the chest.
"Got you!" Came a triumphant squeal.
Legolas. Tauriel turned and wriggled out of his grasp, wrestling him to the floor. They lay there, both breathing heavily, Tauriel leaning over Legolas, keeping him pinned to the floor.
"Tarry, get off me" Legolas gasped trying to push her away, but though  she was alot smaller than him, she was strong, and he couldn't move her. Eventually she rolled off him and they both lay there, laughing.

Tauriel's eyes were closed. She was still not fully awake. Somewhere above, a voice was calling her name.
"Tauriel.... Tauriel, wake up! Have some breakfast."
She opened her eyes and saw legolas's face hovering over her. He was shaking he gently.
"We need to go soon" he said. She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. The sun was shining through the leaves and the horse was standing behind Legolas, its saddle and packs already in place. They stood up and Tauriel yawned before stepping closer to Legolas and giving him a hug.
"Morning, sleepy" he murmured in her ear. She met his lips and felt all sleepiness drain away.
"Oh, early morning kisses!" He laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

The horse trotted onwards. It was a beautiful day. The sun shone brightly and birds flew constantly overhead, singing and chattering. Mountains rose on one side of the road, and a valley dipped down to a rushing river on the other. Suddenly legolas grabbed the reigns of the horse, bringing him to a halt.
"Did you hear something?" He whispered to Tauriel.
She listened hard. A slight crunch of stones, a rustle of a cloak maybe... It sounded as if someone was standing just out of their sight, around the corner of the path. Legolas put an arrow to his bow. Tauriel did the same. They waited.

An arrow flew suddenly towards them from behind the large rock at the side of the track. Legolas tried to dodge it but.... To late! The arrow pierced his upper arm. Blood leaked from the wound.
"Orcs!" Shouted Tauriel. She leaped down from the horse's back and fired two arrows at the approaching orcs. They ran towards her, their crude, flat swords raised. She whisked around them stabbing one dagger in an orc's evil heart, while the other sliced down a second orc's arm, forcing him to drop his sword. Her daggers slashed thought the air. They were no match for her. Five minutes later, not one was left alive.

"Legolas!" Tauriel shouted and ran back to him. He was still sitting on the horse's back, but he was slowly slipping sideways, losing consciousness. The arrow must have been poisoned! She grabbed his arm and pulled the arrow out, leaving a dark wound were it had pierced his skin. She climbed onto the horse, and rode away, heading back along the path. She had to save Legolas, Her only love left in the world.

They raced down into the steep vally, the horse galloping as fast as he could. Tauriel held Legolas tightly, to keep him from falling, as he was now unconscious, his eyes closed. They slowed at the banks of the wide river, and dismounted. Tauriel laid Legolas on the soft grass, and ran back to the river, were she soaked a cloth with the water and gently cleaned the wound in Legolas's arm.

Hours later, they were off again speeding back along the road. Legolas still hadn't woken, and his arm was growing cold. They were heading back to Mirkwood, were Legolas could be healed. The horse seemed to know it's own way, and needed no guidance.
" Legolas, I love you, please be ok. I love you, I love you!" Whispered Tauriel to her unconscious lover. She kissed him again and again. Would he ever wake up? What if she was already to late? What if he was dying?

She held him tighter still.
"Don't leave me" she whispered, as her tears began to fall.

Ok, so this was not one of my better chapters. I do quite like the bit about Tauriel's dream though. AND AT LEAST THEY KISS! Actually don't listen to me, lalalalalala.