Sliver and Diamonds

The sun rose, bright and early. It was now mid summer. Warm sunlight streamed through the window unto Legolas and Tauriel's bed chamber. It filtered through the soft, translucent silk curtains surrounding their bed, and fell onto their peaceful sleeping faces.

Legolas's hand reached out and gently took hold of Tauriel's slender fingers.
"Good morning, my love" whispered Tauriel, kissing his forehead.
He kissed her softly on the lips, and opened his eyes.
"Will you come for a morning walk with me?" Asked Legolas.
"I would love to"
She sat up and stretched, before rolling over and got out of bed. She walked over to the pale wooden wardrobe in the corner and dressed in a floaty gown of palest blue. She neatly styled her hair into its usual braids and turned to find Legolas, already dressed with his hair neatly braided.

They walked down the path into the forest, slowly and quietly. The day was pure and still. After walking through the trees for a while, they stopped in their favourite clearing.
"Let's climb a tree" Legolas suggested.
Tauriel agreed, as she had always loved to sit at the very top of the Mirkwood trees and stare over at the Misty Mountains. Kili lay over there now, beside his brother and uncle, all residing in a never ending sleep.

Tauriel grasped one of the tree's lower branches and pulled her way up. Soon she was sitting at the very top, looking all around her. The sun was shining onto the thick, leafy canopy of the green trees tops. They were all completely silent and still. There was no wind. Legolas's head suddenly poked through the leaves at her feet, and within seconds, he was sitting beside her.

"It's beautiful, isn't it" said Tauriel, looking towards the horizon.
"Nowhere near as beautiful as you"
He replied, smiling.
Tauriel smiled back.
"Do you love me, Tauriel?" Legolas asked.
"I love you more than anything else in the whole world" she replied, still gazing in the direction of the mountains.
"Then-" he stood up and took her hand, so she was facing him. Then he got down on one knee and looked up at Tauriel. There was a small silver box in his hands. He opened it up and held it out to her. In the box lay a silver ring! It was shaped like a cluster of leaves, curving around a small, white diamond.

Legolas looked deep into Tauriel's eyes and whispered:
"Will you marry me?"
She looked down at him, tears of joy starting in her eyes, and nodded. He slipped the ring onto her finger and stood up. He seized her waist and whirled her around, looking happier than she had ever seen him before. He set her down again, but held on to her waist. She cupped her hands around his face and suddenly pulled him towards her. Their lips locked together in a loving french kiss and they held each other, their bodies entwined.

By the time they arrived back at the palace, it was afternoon. They then ran all the way to the throne room to tell Thranduil the news. He was very pleased of course. Tauriel was so excited that she was finally going to get married, and to such a wonderful elf, that she found it hard to go to sleep that night.

Hey, readers, how's things? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this fairly short chapter about the proposal. I will be writing the chapter about the wedding soon! So excited! *Squeals*
Please vote and comment! Thanx