The King of Gondor

Six days later, Legolas was standing in his room, with his friend Gimli the dwarf. As uncommon as friendship between dwarf and an elf was, they had bonded greatly over the months on their quest, and now they were very great friends. At that moment, there was a knock on the door.
"Come in" Legolas called.
Aragorn stood there.
"Gimli, your father has arrived! He is very anxious to see you!" He said.
Gimli stood up and followed Aragorn from the room.

Legolas went back to gazing out of the window. He wished Tauriel would arrive soon. He missed her so badly, and he daughters too. He sighed and sat down on his bed, his thoughts straying to his mother. His dream still puzzled him. He had never dreamed about her before. Well, he had, but in those dreams she had only been like an imitation of other mothers, just a tall, pale figure in a long dress, with no personality, almost faceless. But in this dream, she had been real. She had spoken to him, and he had seen her face, her bright blue eyes, exactly like his own. But still, he had never been able to remember what his mother looked like, so how could he have dreamed it? Unless... Maybe it had been something like his daughter Mylaela's dream, when Kili had visited her in her sleep. Yes, that made sense. His mother had visited him to thank him for saving middle earth.

The door suddenly flew open. Legolas had one glimpse of a tall slim figure in a green dress and brown leather corset before, in a swirl of red hair, they were in his arms.
"Tauriel!" He gasped.
"Legolas!" She cried. It was Tauriel.
He lifted her into the air, kissing her, holding her tightly. Several minutes passed. Then they broke apart, arms still around eachother.

"Oh, Legolas I've missed you so much!" Tauriel whispered.
"I've missed you too! And the children! Were are they?" Legolas asked.
"They are stopped to talk to some children they met near the gates. Come on, let's go and find them!"
Tauriel answered.

They found Mylaela and Lilith in the citadel with Faramir and Eowyn. Faramir was pointing out different places in the city, and telling the children about them.
"That's Othgilias over there" Faramir was saying. "The orcs took it over during the battle, but we were able to retake it"
Faramir turned and saw Legolas watching him. The children looked over too.

"Ada!" Cried Mylaela, running as fast as she could towards Legolas and jumping into his arms.
"Mylaela! Lilith! Oh, I've missed you so much!" Legolas said, as Lilith ran over too. He smiled at Tauriel, who smiled back. He had never truly appreciated what a miracle his family was.

Faramir and Eowyn stood with their arms around eachother, watching this affectionate scene.
"Ah, I can't wait for children of our own, my dear" Faramir whispered to Eowyn. Legolas stared at them. This love was truly going to unite the two lands, Rohan and Gondor. He was happy for them. The lord Faramir, constantly placed second best to his brother, always put down, never trusted, and the Lady Eowyn, who had lost both her parents at a young age, and had now lost her uncle, and her cousin. He knew that Eowyn had loved Aragorn, too, but his heart belonged entirely to Arwin of Rivendell. He was happy that Eowyn had found new love.

They decided to go and find Aragorn next, as Tauriel and Thranduil wanted to meet him. Eowyn and Faramir came with them. Tauriel and Eowyn, as it turned out, got on very well together, and by the time they found Aragorn, they had become quite good friends. When they reached him, Aragorn turned, and spread his arms wide.
"Ah, Legolas, Mellon" he said, smiling at all of them.
"And this must be...?"
"Yes, this is my father, King Thranduil, this is my beautiful wife, Tauriel, and these are my daughters, Mylaela and Lilith" Legolas said. Tauriel nodded and the children curtsied. Thranduil walked forward and shook Aragorn's hand.
"I am delighted to meet you, Lord Aragorn. I hope and trust that you will return Gondor to it's former glory" he said.

That evening, Aragorn, Legolas, Tauriel, Thranduil, Gandalf, Gimli, Faramir, Eowyn, Eomer and the Hobbits, Peregrine Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck dined in the Great hall of the citadel. They talked for hours of all their adventures, the Hobbits, Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli telling the story of their whole quest, and Faramir told everyone about how Eowyn had killed the witch king of Angmar, and Legolas and Tauriel told their tale of the Battle of five armies. It was a great night, one of the best of Tauriel's life.

The next morning, Tauriel was awoken by a frantic series of knocking on their bedroom door. A voice yelled:
"Legolas!"
Tauriel stood up, and, as Legolas was still asleep, went to answer the door herself. She opened it to reveal Gimli the dwarf.
"Gimli? What is it?" She asked, confused.
"Can you get Legolas up?" He asked.
Tauriel went back over to the bed, and shook him hard.
"LEGOLAS! GET UP!"
Legolas sat up instantly.
"What- whasgoing- Tauriel! good morning, my love" he muttered, rubbing his eyes.
"Legolas!" Yelled Gimli from the door.
"Gimli! What's up?"
"Gandalf just told me- Frodo's awake!"

When Legolas had gone, Tauriel went up to the citadel garden, were, as she had expected, she found Eowyn. Eowyn looked up as Tauriel came over and sat beside her.
"Hello, Tauriel" she said.
"Good morning. Have you seen Lilith and Mylaela today?" Tauriel asked.
Eowyn nodded.
"They are down in the garden outside the houses of healing. Mylaela and her new friends were helping collect herbs when I saw them" she said.

Legolas returned later that morning. He was accompanied by two Hobbits, one dark haired, the other blond.
"Tauriel, I'd like you to meet my friends. This is Frodo and Sam. My friends, this is my wife, Tauriel" he said, nodding to Tauriel. The two Hobbits came forward, shook her hand and bowed. Tauriel shook her head.
"Please, you needn't bow. Legolas has told me what you did. Without you, the world would have been destroyed. I am honoured to meet you" Tauriel said.
The two Hobbits looked slightly surprised, but quite pleased.

Hey, people! Sorry this chapter took sooooo long! I've had alot of homework and stuff, so I've not had alot of time. We are coming to the end of the story, and I'm not sure I will be able to handle it😂 because I hate finishing reading stories, because it's always quite sad, even when it's s happy ending. I guess finishing writing a story will be even worse. Oh well. Bye!