4. Am I Special to You?

Start from the beginning

"Do you remember what you have told me that night?"

Taehyung gulped down his nervousness and replied, "Yes, I told you that I like you and I am still waiting for an answer."

"But why me? I mean, there are many other girls, What's so special in me?"

Taehyung faced her. His deep brown pupils twinkled in the moonlight. "Yes, there are many other girls. But no one is Sri. You are definitely special to me"

"That's my question, why am I?"

Taehyung sighed deeply before continuing, "It's because... You resemble my mother."

Her eyes widened. She had never expected such an answer.

"By resemblance I don't mean physical similarity. You resemble her in actions. You are so soft-spoken and caring like her. I feel comfort and safety around you. You can make my life complete and happy again. I found my lost liveliness in you..." He spoke genuinely, making every syllable sound clear."And the room which I gave you, it belongs to her." He added.

She kept on hearing his words in silence. Emotions became accumulating in her throat. She kept on respiring to calm her heartbeat.

"I never feel lonely around you. It seems I know you for a long time when in reality we have just met. I can't stop smiling at your presence. I feel empty without you. If this is what you call love then I really do love you, Sri. That special place in my heart is owned by you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I promise you to give a happy and secured life with full of care and affection. You won't live a life of misery anymore..."

Sri was dumfounded. She gaped at him, unsure where his actual position was. Even Taehyung was surprised to hear his fluency in confessing. For a moment he was afraid of getting rejected. For a moment he regretted being so open. This was the first time in his life where he talked about his feelings to someone.

"Can you let me be the prince charming in your life?" He shyly added. He eagerly waited for her to answer.

"But unlike your mother, I am blind. I won't be able to take care of you properly."

Taehyung was disappointed at her words. It was clearly not what he had expected. He spoke firmly with his voice slightly raised. "Miss Sri! Another thing that I like in you is your optimacy. You find positive in every negative. You find light in every darkness. I don't think a girl who has fought against such hardships would be so weak at this moment. Remember, on the first day of your work you had told that you will prove yourself better than any normal girl? I liked how you prove to be no less than others. Rather I would say you were better. "

"I- ", She stopped to frame her words.

Taehyung lowered down his voice, "Now its upon you whether you accept me or not. You have the full right to reject me. I won't be hurt. I'll respect your decision."

Shr tried to deny him but her tongue couldn't construct words. Tears were accumulated at tge corner of her eyes, threatening to fall anytime.

"I guess I got my answer", he looked down dejectedly, ".... but Sri, do not destroy your life. You have the right to be happy. Some day you will find your true love. I will always be by you as a friend, as a supporter in your every step."

He sounded heartbroken. It was his first love which he was already about to lose. He felt his heart clench. His eyes threatened to pour down all the emotions. But he was a man, he couldn't show his sorrow. Taehyung turned around and walked towards his room, indicating her that he has nothing more to say.

"Someday we will see the stars together...", Taehyung stopped on his tracks at her words, "Two Negatives make a positive. We will create our own world and stay happy together."