Bai Qian nodded, she looked down, "I'm sorry for not being..." she shrugged her shoulders, "you know, "

"There's nothing to be sorry about," he said, "If you're not ready, we can wait. "

Bai Qian gave him a small smile, "Thank you, Zhao Ge, "

"Rest up, " he told her, "I'm gonna brew your medicine, "

Bai Qian stared at the pile of ash she created just now. How did that talisman end up in Ye Hua's bag? Most importantly, who gave it to him?

Could it be the monks? Was it a priest hired by Zhao Chu or Old man Lee?

Whoever he was, he knew that Bai Qian was a demon, her relationship with Zhao Ge and exactly how to get to her. This was someone Bai Qian couldn't underestimate.

Whenever her aunt escaped from the twins, they would always hide in the shadows and stay in the limelight until everything blew over. It seemed like Bai Qian had to apply the same tactic here too.

Bai Qian had been gaining too much attention among these mortals. Even if she didn't use magic, anyone with enough cultivation could see through her hidden form. She may not like it, but this was the only way.

Therefore, Bai Qian remained in the peach orchard indefinitely. She never leaves unless it's absolutely necessary. Even so, she made sure no one recognized her.

Ye Hua definitely noticed her odd behaviour. He tried coaxing her out of the house a few times.

"How about you take a break and we go out for dinner tonight?" He asked her one night.

"I don't feel like it, " she told him, "Besides, I already cooked the rice, "

He didn't argue with her upon that.

After that, he asked her, "The town is having a carnival for the spring festival, "

Bai Qian was sewing up her dress, she wasn't really paying attention, "That's nice, "

"Do you wanna go check it out?"

"No, "

"Qian Qian, " Ye Hua said with frustration in his voice, "You can't stay here forever, "

"I like it here," she replied.

"Don't you get lonely?" He asked her.

"I'm not lonely, " she retorted, "I have you, "

"That's different," Ye Hua crossed his arms, "Ever since winter, you had been acting strange. At first, I thought you were just scared of the weather. But it's warmer now, you don't have to hide here anymore, "

Bai Qian nearly pricked her finger with the needle, "I'm not hiding! "

Ye Hua stood up straight and spoke with that pretentious tone he always had, "You are, don't deny it. They missed you, you know. The people in the village, "

She huffed, "They miss my food, "

"It's not that, " Ye Hua argued, "You bring life wherever you go, the construction site is nothing without you, "

Bai Qian rolled her eyes, "Please, they don't need me, "

"I need you, " he insisted, "Bai Qian, you can't remain like this. It is not healthy, "

Bai Qian hated it when he was like that, always thinking that he's better than her, constantly presuming that he's right.

Did he really think that Bai Qian wanted to hide away like this? Cooped up here with no one else to talk to? She's doing it to keep their relationship afloat. So that Ye Hua didn't have to get tangled up with her true self. She was trying to keep them alive.