He Leaves You Part 8

*recap*
i feel chase smile against my head, he kisses the top of my head. my eyes start getting droopy and i start getting tired.
*end of recap*

i fall asleep a few minutes later.

(chase's pov)
i tilt my head a bit and look at sydney, i see that she's asleep. i move her head off of my shoulder, i stand up and carefully pick her up bridal style. i walk over to one of the beds, i lay her down on the bed. i take her phone out of her back pocket and put it on the nightstand next to her, i cover her up with the blankets. i turn the lamps off and walk over to the other bed, i lay down and pull the blankets over me. i fall asleep a couple of minutes later.

(sydney's pov)
i wake up in the middle of the night from my phone ringing, i yawn and sit up. i rub my eyes and grab my phone off of the nightstand, i look at it and see that jaden is calling me. i answer it and put my phone to my ear.
sydney: hello?
jaden: sydney where the hell are you? we've been trying to get a hold of you and you weren't answering. you left around nine to go get a snack from the vending machine and you never came back. it's now one in the morning. 
sydney: i'm sorry. i didn't hear my phone ring. i'm with chase. i ran into him at the vending machines and we started talking then we came back to his hotel room to talk about things more and i ended up falling asleep.
jaden: oh okay. we thought that you got kidnapped or something.
sydney: oh sorry.
jaden: you're not gonna get back with chase are you?
sydney: jaden-
jaden: he left you syd. you're really just gonna let him back in like that after how much he hurt you?
sydney: we're gonna try and work things out. i really want me and him to work things out and get back together. jaden i still love him and i don't want things to just be done.
jaden: i don't want to see him hurt you again. you're my best friend and i-
sydney: you're my best friend too. i promise you that he's not gonna hurt me again-
jaden: how can you say that? you don't know that.
sydney: because he told me and he promised me. i really want it to work out.
jaden: i understand that syd but what if-
sydney: he won't and if he does hurt me again then it will be my fault.
jaden: fine but if he hurts you again i'm getting involved this time and it won't be good.
sydney: i know.
jaden: okay well you can try to go back to sleep now that we know where you are. we'll see you tomorrow.
sydney: okay. goodnight.
jaden: goodnight.

i take my phone away from my ear and hang up the call, i set my phone back on the nightstand. i look around the hotel room and see chase sleeping in the other bed, i yawn again and get up from the bed. i walk over to chase's bed, i lay down next to him. i lay my head on his chest and i wrap my arms around his waist, i close my eyes. a couple of minutes go by and chase moves a bit, he wraps his arms around my my waist. he pulls me closer to him and i smile, chase kisses the top of my forehead and pulls the blanket over me more. i fall back asleep a few minutes later.

if you like joey birlem please go check out my new book; joey birlem imagines : )