He Forgets Your Birthday

Today is my 17th birthday, right now I'm getting ready for the day. When I'm done getting ready I walk out of my room and see Brennen.
Brennen: Happy seventeenth Birthday Sydney!
Sydney: Thanks Brennen.
Brennen: What are you doing today?
Sydney: I don't know.
Brennen: Okay. Mom is coming to LA tomorrow to see you because she couldn't make it here today from Vegas.
Sydney: Okay.
Brennen: Colby is on his way with Sam, Elton, Kat, Devyn and Corey and Jake is bringing a cake for you. Did you get ahold of Chase?
Sydney: Okay. No. He hasn't answered any of my calls or texts.
Brennen: Maybe he's still sleeping. I'm sure he will see it in a little bit. You're growing up too fast. 

I smile.
Brennen: I'm gonna go finish getting dressed.

Brennen walks to his room and I walk out to the living room, I call Chase 1 more time but he doesn't answer. I get a text a few seconds later.
🥰Bub🥰: Sorry I cant talk right now, I'll try to call you later. Love you♥️💜

I set my phone down, a few hours go by and Colby, Sam, Elton, Kat, Devyn, Corey and Jake are here. I'm walking out of the kitchen to go to my room, before I get to my room Brennen says my name. He walks over to me.
Brennen: Did you get ahold of Chase yet?
Sydney: No.
Brennen: Maybe somehow he forgot.
Sydney: We've been dating for over a year Brennen. I don't think that he would forget.
Brennen: Okay sorry. It was just a thought. Do you want to come and blow out your cake?
Sydney: Sure.

I turn around and we start walking to the kitchen, they start singing happy birthday while I sit down on a stool. When they finish singing I blow out the candles.
Colby: One more year and it's legal! *laughs*

Everyone laughs except for Brennen.
Brennen: Not cool dude.
Colby: I'm joking.

Brennen cuts the cake and everyone grabs a piece, I get up and walk to my room. I walk in and shut my door, I sit on my bed and try to call Chase. He doesn't answer so I send him a text.
💜Sydney💜: Are you coming? If you don't want to it's fine but at least answer me and don't ignore me😕

A few minutes go by and there's a knock on my door.
Sydney: Who is it?
Kat: It's Kat.
Sydney: Come in.

My door opens and Kat walks into my room, she shuts my door.
Kat: What's wrong? Why aren't you out in the living room with all of us?
Sydney: Chase won't answer my calls or texts and Brennen thinks he forgot about today.
Kat: Ohhh.

Kat walks over to me and sits on my bed.
Kat: It sucks but you shouldn't let it ruin your whole day. This is your day.
Sydney: I know. I just wanted to see Chase today and spend the day with him.
Kat: Maybe he's still putting your present together.
Sydney: I don't care about presents especially from him. The best present from him would be if he came today and showed up and spent the day with me.
Kat: I'm not gonna lie, I don't know how to respond to that but how about you come back out to the living room and open the presents that everyone else got you.
Sydney: Okay.

We get off of my bed and walk out of my room and back to the living room, I start opening presents. 4 hours have gone by and everyone has left.
Sydney: I'm going to bed. Goodnight.
Brennen: Sydney are you okay?
Sydney: No. That's why I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow.
Brennen: Sydney-

I walk to my room and open the door, I walk in and shut the door behind me. I get changed into pajamas, I shut my light off and lay on my bed and message Chase.
💜Sydney💜: I love you but you ruined my whole day. You didn't even show up Chase. Or call me back or answer me. I don't want to make you feel bad but you missed my 17th birthday. You didn't even wish me happy birthday or anything. I think Brennen is right, you forgot my birthday. I'll talk to you later or something. Goodnight😕

I set my phone down on my nightstand and roll over on my back, I turn on South Park. An hour goes by and I pick my phone up and go to my messages with Chase to se if he replied, I look and see that he read it an hour go. I roll my eyes and set my phone down, a few minutes pass by and there's a knock at the front door. I get up off of my bed and walk out of my room, I walk to the front door. When I open it I see Chase standing at the front door holding flowers and a bag.
Chase: I'm sorry. I got you flowers and presents.
Sydney: I don't want your stupid apology, your stupid flowers or your stupid presents.

I shut the door in his face and start walking back to my room. When I walk into my room I see a text from Chase.
🥰Bub🥰: Please let me in, it's cold and it's raining and it's late out. I'm sorry🥺

I walk back to the front door and open it again, Chase walks in. I shut the door and start walking back to my room with him following me, he shuts my door and sets the bag and flowers down.
Chase: Sydney, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to forget and I didn't mean to make you upset and sad.
Sydney: Chase I'm more mad than anything. We've been dating for a little over a year, how do you just forget about my birthday? I've never once forgotten your birthday.
Chase: I know. I'm really sorry. I feel really bad.
Sydney: What did you even do all day? Why didn't you answer any of my calls or texts? You weren't with some other girl were you?
Chase: No of course not. I would never cheat on you. I was hanging out with friends.
Sydney: Who? Sam, Josh, Dylan, Jackson and Payton?
Chase: Yes. We went to Six Flags. I'm so sorry.
Sydney: Chase that's fucked up. All of your friends that you were with today took time out of their day and messaged me and told me happy birthday but you couldn't even do that. You could've easily texted me back or called me back but you didn't. That was your choice.
Chase: I honestly forgot. I didn't even think about today.
Sydney: Wow.
Chase: No that's not what I mean. I just forgot. I didn't know what day it was. I didn't know it was a special day.
Sydney: Oh my god.
Chase: No Sydney, I don't know how to say it or word it.
Sydney: Then don't say anything else. Think about it for a little bit. Think before you speak.
Chase: Syd-
Sydney: I'm going back to bed Chase. You can either go home or stay here. It's up to you.

I walk back over to my bed and lay back down.