You Guys Are Best Friends And His Girlfriend Doesn't Like You

Right now I'm sitting at the island in the kitchen downstairs waiting for Chase to show up so we can hangout, Brennen walks down the stairs and into the kitchen.
Brennen: What are you doing today?
Sydney: Hanging out with Chase.
Brennen: Okay. Colby, Corey, Elton and Sam are gonna come over and we are gonna play with the Ouija Board and film a video.
Sydney: What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why would you do that?
Brennen: We want to get answers with everything that happened in last weeks video.
Sydney: Brennen no. I don't want to live in a haunted house where there's demons possessing everyone.
Brennen: You and Chase can join if you want.

I roll my eyes
Sydney: No. We're good.

There's a knock at the door, I stand up and walk to the door. I open it and see Sam, Colby, Corey and Elton.
Sydney: Oh.
Sam: What? We just got here and we're already being judged. *laughs*
Brennen: She thought you guys were Chase, she's been waiting for him so they can hangout.
Colby: Oh.

They walk in and I shut the door.
Elton: Are you and Chase gonna play the board with us?
Sydney: No. I'm not touching that thing.
Corey: Well see ya guys. I'm gonna go hangout with them.
Elton: *Laughs* No, no, no you are gonna stay here and play with the board.
Corey: I'm not touching that thing. I'm being dead serious.
Brennen: Yes you are. What's the worst that can happen?
Corey: Oh I don't know maybe my life could become more haunted or I could get possessed.

Elton laughs and Brennen walks upstairs, he comes back downstairs with the Ouija Board.
Brennen: Who wants to hold it? Corey? Sydney?
Corey: No I'm good man.
Sydney: Me too. I'm not even involved in this video and I'm not playing with the board.

Elton grabs the board and starts chasing me and Corey around the house with it.
Corey: Uncle Elton stop! It ain't funny!

Elton looks at me and starts chasing me with it again, me and Corey run out of the front door onto the driveway with Elton following us.
Sydney: Elton! We aren't touching that thing!

Elton throws it towards us, I step backwards and trip. Someone catches me, I turn around and see Chase. I smile at him and he smiles back at me, I stand up on my feet.
Sam: Elton don't throw it!
Elton: Why?
Brennen: You're gonna make the demons mad bro.
Elton: Oh. Corey pick it up.
Corey: You're high as fuck if you think I'm picking that up.
Colby: Sydney, why don't you pick it up?
Sydney: Fuck off. I'm not touching it you guys.
Brennen: Hey! Language!

I roll my eyes again, Elton picks up the board and they walk inside.
Sydney: Are you ready?
Chase: Yeah but I actually have to talk to you.
Sydney: Okay. What is it?
Chase: Could we maybe go sit on the porch and talk about this?
Sydney: Yeah.

Me and Chase walk to the porch and sit down on the stairs.
Sydney: Is everything okay?
Chase: No. Nothing is okay right now and I don't know how to say this because anyway I say this it's gonna hurt you.
Sydney: You aren't moving are you?
Chase: No.
Sydney: Then what is it?
Chase: I don't know how to tell you this.
Sydney: Just say it straight up.
Chase: Okay.

He takes a deep breath in.
Chase: We can't be friends anymore.
Sydney: Oh.

I look down at my lap and start playing with my hands.
Sydney: Why?
Chase: Because Claire doesn't like you. She feels threatened by you. She said it's either you or her and I feel really bad Sydney but I love Claire so much and I don't-

I look back up at Chase.
Sydney: So you're throwing our eight year friendship all away for a girl that you haven't even been with for six months?
Chase: It's not like that Sydney.
Sydney: Yes it is Chase. It's exactly like that.
Chase: I'm really sorry.
Sydney: I just don't get it. You were my best friend. I told you everything and I mean literally everything then you go and just choose some girl over me. You haven't even been with Claire for six months Chase.
Chase: I know and I'm sorry. I can't talk to you after this but I hope that you do good and you'll be fine and whatever life throws at you I hope you crush it and succeed in life-
Sydney: J-just don't Chase. It really sucks because you're throwing our whole friendship away for a girl that you probably won't be with that much longer to be honest.

I stand up and walk inside, I shut the door and walk down the hall to my room. I slam my door and lay on my bed on my stomach, I get tears in my eyes. My door opens a few seconds later, I turn my head and see Brennen. He shuts my door.
Brennen: Hey what's wrong?
Sydney: Chase called off our friendship.
Brennen: What do you mean?
Sydney: Chase stopped being my friend.
Brennen: Why?
Sydney: Because he's a jerk and chose Claire over me.
Brennen: Who's Claire?
Sydney: His girlfriend that he hasn't even been dating for six months. She doesn't like me and she made Chase choose between me or her and he chose her so he said that we can't be friends anymore and that he can't talk to me again.
Brennen: What a jerk.
Sydney: I know.
Brennen: Do you want to come hangout with ius?
Sydney: No. I want to be alone for a little bit.
Brennen: Okay. I'm sorry he did that Sydney but just know that he clearly isn't a good friend and you'll go on in life and find even better friends than he could ever be.
Sydney: Thanks Brennen.
Brennen: You're welcome Syd.

Brennen walks out of my room, he shuts my door behind him.

(1 MONTH LATER)
A month has gone by since I last talked to Chase, I've avoided him in every way possible that I could in person. Right now I'm laying on my bed watching Reggie's videos on YouTube, my phone dings and I pick it up. I unlock it and see a text from Chase.