He Leaves You Part 5

*recap*
we walk out of the hotel room and start walking to the lobby, when we get to the lobby anthony grabs a pair of car keys out of his pants.
*end of recap*

we walk out of the lobby and walk over to the car that we rented for the time that we are in north carolina, i get in the back while anthony and jaden get in the front. i buckle in and lean my head against the window.
anthony: what do you want to eat?

i shrug my shoulders.
sydney: whatever sounds good to you guys.

anthony pulls out of the parking spot and starts driving.
anthony: josh and bryce are gonna meet us at the restaurant.
sydney: okay.

20 minutes go by and we arrive at the restaurant, i look up at the restaurant sign and see that we're at denny's. anthony parks the car and we get out, we walk into denny's. we look around and see josh and bryce sitting in a big booth, we walk over them. i sit between jaden and anthony while bryce and josh sit across from us, the waiter comes over and takes our drink order. he walks away, a few seconds of silence go by.
bryce: so have you been talking to any other boys?
sydney: no.
bryce: have you been out on any dates with any other boys?
josh: bryce stop.
bryce: i'm not doing anything. i'm just trying to make small talk.
anthony: okay well you don't need to make small talk about that.
jaden: yeah that's not cool man.
bryce: just let her answer the question. jesus you guys.

i roll my eyes.
sydney: no and i don't plan on it.
bryce: why?
sydney: maybe because the one boy that i've ever loved ruined me and broke my heart. i'm not dating anyone ever again. i don't wanna get hurt again.

the waiter walks back over to us and sets our drinks down, he takes our order and walks away again.
bryce: you shouldn't let that ruin your dating life and finding someone you want to be with for the rest of your life.
sydney: i don't have a dating life and i never will. i'd rather live alone and be single for the rest of my life rather then risk getting my heart broke again.
bryce: sydney you have to find someone, you can't-
jaden: stop the conversation bryce. don't say anything else.
anthony: you're not allowed to start small talk ever again.
bryce: i'm sorry. i don't know how to start conversations correctly. maybe she wanted to talk about it.
josh: she'll talk about it when she's ready. don't pressure her.
sydney: thanks josh.

josh nods his head and smiles.
bryce: i'm sorry sydney.
sydney: it's okay. can we just not ever bring that topic up again?
bryce: yeah. i won't bring it up again.

a little while goes by and we're in the middle of eating our food, bryce and josh keep looking behind me, anthony and jaden.
sydney: what are you guys looking at?

i go to turn my head.
bryce: nothing.
josh: we're looking at a really hot girl.
sydney: oh.

i nod my head and look down at my food.
jaden: i wanna see.
anthony: me too.

they turn their heads and then turn them back around, their eyes go wide.
bryce: hey sydney-
jaden: shut the fuck up bryce. don't say anything at all.
josh: if you say anything you will get beat up; again.
bryce: okay. i won't say anything.
sydney: what are you guys talking about?
anthony: nothing.
sydney: well you guys are obviously talking about something and i want to know. i want to be involved in the conversation too.
anthony: not this one you don't.

bryce and josh look behind us again.
sydney: i don't think you guys are looking at just a girl. there's something else you guys are looking at.
josh: no there's not.

i roll my eyes and turn my head.
jaden: sydney don't. just turn your head back around.
sydney: no. i want to know what you guys are looking at.

i look around and see payton sitting with chase a few booths behind us, i instantly turn my head back around and sink down into my seat. i look down at my fingers and start messing with them.
josh: do you want to leave?
sydney: no. you guys can finish eating. jaden can you move really quick?
jaden: why?
sydney: i don't want to be in here anymore. i'm gonna go to the car.
jaden: syd-
sydney: please?
jaden: okay. if that's what you need then i get it.
sydney: thank you.

i put money on the table for my food, jaden moves out of the booth.
jaden: do you want me to walk you to the car since you have to walk past him?
sydney: no. you can finish eating.
jaden: okay. you can sit in the front. i'll sit in the back on the way back to the hotel.
sydney: okay.

anthony hands me the car keys and i get out of the booth, jaden sits back down and i start walking to the entrance. i walk past chase and payton.
payton: hi sydney.

i turn around and see payton smiling at me, i smile weakly back at him.
sydney: hi.

i turn back around and walk to the doors, tears gather in my eyes and i walk outside. i walk to the car and unlock it, before i can open the car door and get in someone approaches me. i turn around and see payton, i wipe my eyes.
payton: hey sydney.
sydney: hi payton.
payton: i didn't know you were here. how long have you been here?
sydney: only a few days.
payton: oh. that's nice.
sydney: kinda.
payton: well how have you been?
sydney: i could be a lot better. how have you been?
payton: i've been okay. i assume you don't want to talk about chase?