Fourty-Three

Note: Forty-Two is private omg :(

***THERE ARE PRIVATE CHAPTERS IN THIS BOOK BECAUSE OF THE MATERIAL. TO VIEW THE PRIVATE CHAPTER DELETE THE STORY FROM YOUR LIBRARY FOLLOW THE AUTHOR (ME) THEN ADD THE STORY BACK TO YOU LIBRARY THEN EVERY CHAPTER WILL BE VISIBLE. THIS ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME. ***

Lea’s POV --

There have only been a numerous amount of times, in my life, where words, sentences, phrases, or speeches have held enough strength to abolish my ability to think and speak.

This would be one of those times.

I stood there, seemingly paralyzed for what could be considered forever. The paralysis didn’t strike due to fear, nothing in my gut told me that I was in danger, especially with Jason just a foot away. It struck to express my miscomprehension with the situation at hand. Bryn’s words could only cut so deep, barely reaching my flesh to draw blood.

I blinked and, as though I held the power to stop and start time, things began moving again. I realized immediately that I was in the living room, alone, but footsteps could be heard just a little off to my right. Jason’s voice filled my ears with his swearing and endless sentences of how Bryn needed to leave and make no effort to show up again. When the front door opens, I felt the slightest jolt in my body.

Practically darting towards the entrance, I lightly push Jason to the side and plant my feet directly in front of Bryn. Their argument instantly comes to a halt and I’m left with two dark brown eyes staring mockingly back into mine.

“Did it really take that long for you to let my words sink in?” She grimaced and I could sense Jason’s anger forming the thickest amount of tension.

“What did you mean by that?” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

She watched my movements carefully and the lack of interest in her face caused my blood to churn.

“Jason didn’t tell you?” She grinned again, similar to that uncanny smile she plastered across her face just a few minutes ago.

I look at her dumbfounded, “Obviously not if I’m still asking questions.”

Now the look on her face transformed from something seemingly indestructable to befuddlement. Her eyes evade mine and eventually she looks at Jason--who I was too afraid to even cast a glance at right now.

Looking at me again, she couldn’t hide her infuriation any longer. She takes a step forward, eliminating all the space between us and the depths of her eyes could only show a glimpse of the fury hidden beneath it. I took a step back, however Jason still gripped my arm and forced himself to stand in between us.

“Bryn,” Jason’s voice shook, his anger becoming too much for even his own self control to withstand. Standing behind him, I could see firsthand the veins appearing on his arms, acting as though they were apart of his many tattoos. “You’re pissing me the fuck off.”