Five

Jason’s POV --

For a second, I almost forgot why I had come back here. I mean, it’s not everyday you cross paths with someone you accidentally saw the other day. She was a lot prettier up close, I actually could get a good look at her now since I wasn’t high and she was literally sitting just feet away from me.

Her hands were probably sweating and her eyes kept flickering from the ground to the walls to the decorations I have all over the house and to the TV set. I grin inwardly and look down at the burning cigarette I held in my fingers. The ash breaks off and hits the floor. It’s silent between the two of us, which is normal because the only thing we know about each other is our names.

“Could you, um, not smoke that around me?” Her voice was low enough to be considered a whisper.

I look at her and she blinks rapidly, probably afraid that she was asking for a little too much. Her fingers curl back into her hands to form small frightened fists. I stand up and take a few steps away from her then bring the cigarette to my lips and take a drag.

“Were you at the party last night?” I ask, walking over to stand by the wall.

She slowly brings her hand up to tuck her hair behind her ear, “N-no. Lana did...”

“You should have came,” I grin, her shyness was making this conversation all too enjoyable. “We would have had a great time.”

Her eyes widen a bit and she turns her head to look at the drapes covering the window. The wind blows them delicately and even blows her hair away from her face to give me the perfect view of her profile. Her hands grasp on to the ends of her sleeves and she holds onto it tightly, probably afraid that the wind would knock her off to the side. I take another drag, a long one just to kill the cigarette butt afterwards and toss it into the ashtray. I walk over and take a seat on the couch again, smoke spilling out of my lips like fog.

“Let me ask you something.” I lean forward, folding my hands together.

I somewhat lean to the left, towards Lea and clear my throat. My eyes skim down from her face to her legs. Seemingly smooth and soft with such a nice tone to it I couldn’t help but lick my lips.

“Why were you in my building the other day?” I continue staring at her legs but manage to voice my question, “If you weren’t looking for me, what did you want?”

“I told you...” She says but avoids looking at me, “I was looking for the bathroom.”

“See, I want to believe that but,” I nod and look at her face, “It sounds like pure bullshit.”

“My parents were there.” She looks at me then looks away to stare at the floor and move to the farther side of the couch. “I don’t know why.”

“Your parents?” I say and raise my eyebrows in a newly found understanding.

If she doesn’t know why then it’s for a reason and I’m not about to put myself in unwanted territories. Not only that but I don’t care all that much anyway. Lea nods her head and stands up, fixing her outfit just a bit and walks around the table standing in front of her. She walks over to section where all my different shaped bongs were. Similar to being in a museum she walked back and forth, staring at the objects with such interest that even I was amazed. Not by the objects but by Lea, herself. I didn’t want to say she was different because I’d be sounding like every other guy who says the same shit when they meet a new girl.