Mother, Daughter Talk

Start from the beginning

"He stabbed me, one of the nurses said if I hadn't been at the hospital sooner, I would've bled out to death."

Violet couldn't begin to find the words, "Mom I... I..."

"Don't say anything. I screwed up, okay? If I left him sooner with you, we could've been so much happier."

Tears started to run down her cheeks as she quickly wiped them away sighing heavily. Violet didn't know what to say, she was still mad at her mother for what she's done, but she also started to have a sense of pity.

"I know it doesn't make up for what I've done," these words quickly catching Violet's attention, "I was a bad mother, I know that."

She isn't wrong.

"I let your sister get abducted, I sent you away because of something that was out of your control, and if Sapphire was raised in the same environment, I completely would fail as a mom."

Like if hiding family secrets wasn't enough, nothing could excuse that, "What about Storm? You completely wiped everything about her, I didn't even know who she was when she told me and had proof."

"The picture I gave her when I saw her again. That's how you knew, right?"

Violet nodded, "After everything she's been through, she acts the complete opposite from a broken person."

"I know, she's still so sweet after all these years," she chuckled softly, "I don't deserve a daughter like her."

Not wrong about that one either.

She scooted over more closely to her daughter then took her hand squeezing it gently. This time, Violet didn't pull away but just stared intently into her mother's glossy eyes.

"I've changed, sweet face. I've changed for the better. Not just for Sapphire, the town, or even Moo, I changed for me."

Violet looked down as tears started to stream down her eyes. Marisol lifted up her chin then wiped them away with her thumb giving her a concerned look.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just that... that... I needed you the the most," she sniffled, "as much as I hate to admit it, I needed a mom; I needed you."

"I'm here now, and even though you're an adult now, I'll always be there for you. I'll even be the mom you wanted me to be, I'll never leave you again."

She pulled her into her embrace as Violet started crying into her chest holding her tightly as she rested her chin on her head starting to stroke the blonde's hair. She felt like a little kid again and she was so embarrassed. She was supposed have thick skin not crying about mommy issues. Then again, it felt comfortable with her in her mother's arms, getting the love she always wanted all those years ago.

"I always loved you, Violet," she leaned down to kiss her on the forehead, "you, Storm, and Sapphire are my main priorities."

Violet didn't say anything else. She began to sob harder on her mother's chest holding her tightly as Marisol kept her arms around her rocking her slowly as she whispered soft words.

Moo laid down on the couch while Sapphire sat silently looking down to her hands with a blank expression. He wondered why she wasn't speaking the whole time ever since Marisol's been in there with Violet. Was the usually the talkative one when it came to serious situations. But this... this seemed different.

"Hey, you alright?" Moo asked making Sapphire jump in surprise.

"Uh... yeah, yeah, I'm good."

He furrowed his brows, "Worried about your mom?"