Under the Stars

The room was dark and cold where Marisol laid. She could see stairs leading to the exit as peaks of light shined down. She already she couldn't escape that easily, Miguel was too smart for that. As she tried to get up she grunted at the throbbing pain that was on her head.

He did knock her out when she first arrived in this godforsaken place. She heard the sound of chains when she moved her leg. She glanced over to her ankle and saw that she was chained to a metal pole. She cursed to herself knowing that she wasn't gonna get out of here anytime soon.

Her head shot up when she saw the door open to a bulky figure with a more petite one standing beside it. As they walked down getting closer she squinted her eyes at the silhouettes that turned out to be Miguel and Sabrina. When he got up close to her, she could see him smile malevolently at her while she just glared back.

"Hey there, sunshine," his ragged deep voice sounding like old doors creaking, "'bout time you 'woke up."

"What do you want from me?" Marisol blurted, scared on what he might do to her.

He chuckled, "Don't be scared, Mary, I'm not gonna hurt you, I just wanna have a conversation."

She narrowed her eyes into angry slits, "You're bullshitting me."

"Nope," he shook his head kneeling down to her level.

He turned to Sabrina who had more of an aura of jealousy and hatred as she kept staring at the two. He got up and smiled at her as she then smiled back at him.

"Sabrina," he said lovingly stroking her hair, "I need to speak with Marisol, alone."

She cleared her throat straightening herself up, "I can stay in here, can't I? I mean all you two are gonna talk about is the boy and-"

She was interrupted by Miguel tightly grabbing her wrist stepping closer with his nostrils flared and his soft demeanor now turned into something more sinister.

"That wasn't a question," he growled lowly, "leave, now!"

As he roared the last part she quickly scrambled up to the stairs and out of the room shutting the door behind her. Miguel soon calmed down taking a deep breath before turning back to Marisol who has backed away to the pole wanting to stay a long distance from him.

His smile returned, "Now that we have no more interruptions, we can finally talk."

Marisol breathed heavily as he walked up closer, "About what?"

He clicked his tongue, "Well, for starters, why do you think you're here."

"Um, because I'm the leader of Charlottesville and that makes me a great bargaining chip in exchange for Matthew?"

"Smart girl," he laughed getting low to her level, "but that's not all."

She raised a brow, "Then what is it?"

"There's a real reason why I wanted you here, Mary. I didn't intend for your sister to get hurt, sometimes my men can go a little... overboard."

"Just spit it out!!" she cried, "I know you want to get rid of me, you don't have to keep taunting me!"

"Oh Mary," he sighed, "Mary, Mary, Mary, I even kicked Sabrina out so we can have some alone time."

"I don't wanna be alone with you," she spat.

"But Mary, I didn't get to tell you how special you are."

"What are you talking about?"

He got closer, "You see, there's something about you that I just can't turn away from. You have a spark that can start a whole wildfire. And I like that."