Chapter 32 - It must've been painful.

I took a deep breath and looked one time against the mirror. From crying my eyes just became even more red... I sighed.

I made a little ponytail at the side of my head. I wasn't used to have hair, this short, so it somehow felt as if something was missing... I pulled out a T-shirt, a grey hoodey and a pair of leggings out of my wardrobe and put them on. Lastly I put on a baseball cap. I looked into the mirror for a last time. "Okay... This will do!" I went towards the window and opened it. Before stepping on a branch of the tree in front of it, I stopped and remained for a while. I felt some fresh air coming inside my room.

For how long...

I closed my eyes. Slowly inhaling it. A breeze of wind tickled my skin.

For how long have I waited here, for you to come back...?

My head felt heavy. But the fresh air made it feel kind of better.

And for how long... Has it felt as if I am no longer a human, anymore?

I took up my courage and climbed out, stepping on a thick branch. "Okay..." I felt kinda dizzy. It made me stumble. And I fell.

Probably for too long...

As I closed my eyes, ready for the impact, I held my breath. But the impact never came. Instead, it felt as if someone softly layed me in the grass. I opened my eyes. No one was there.

I think... Since the day he left.

"Strange..." I stood up and brushed the dirt off my clothes and sneaked out of the yard. I sighed as I made it. I felt my heartbeat up to my troath. My vision was hazy. But I kept on walking.

Since the day, he wanted me to go on all by myself.

I struggeled breathing. Later I arrived downtown. I looked around, seeing other people. They looked happy. I didn't know them. Sure, it somehow made me feel happy, but... It also made me feel quite jealous.

Since the day... He said that the next time we'll meet will be the last one.

I went to the park. Which was surprisingly pretty lonely. Even though, I suddendly walked against somebody. "Ah, I'm... I'm sorry...!" I walked backwards but just ended up falling. My baseball cap also fell of my head.

Since he left me... In the rain... Not even looking back for once.

I sat up, looking around, as I heard a voice. "This is yours, right?" I looked up just to see my cap in the hand of the person who I walked against. "Yeah. Sor-" As I looked farther up, to the face of the person, I stopped talking. I looked into the face which was just too familiar. His eyes were blue. But not as blue as those, which I missed for looking at me with a caring gaze. His hair was dark. But not as dark as the night. Not as dark as the hair, which I miss, to see swaying in the wind of the night.

The young man first spoke up. "Akira...? Is that you...?" "Akatsuku-san...?" It was the boy from my class who just confessed to me, after I quit school. Now that I have a closer look at him... He looks almost similar to Yato.

It's kinda idiotic...

Then I realized. Kinda late. But... He saw me. Someone who I lied to, saw me. I grabbed my cap. "I... I have to go now...!" I stood up. Maybe a little too quickly. I just ended up falling again, due the dizziness I felt while trying to walk. As I tried to stamd of once again, I felt Akatsuku's hand grabbing my wrist. His palm was big. But it didn't felt as comfortable as from that guy who left me...

...And also stupid...

"Akira... Why... Why are you still here...?! Shouldn't you already have gone a long time ago...?" I just stared at him. My head started to hurt more and more. Why was he even here? Isn't it too early for school to end? I looked at him. He had normal clothes on. No school uniform. Ah right... It was weekend...

...That I am still waiting for him to come back... And I know this sounds even more stupid but...

I didn't even answer his question. "You... Look not okay. Are you sick?" He put a hand on my forehead. "You literally are burning! We should go to the doc-" "No...", I cut him off. "What?" I looked up.

I'll keep waiting for him.

"I... I don't want to..." He just looked at me. And unexpectedly his expression softened. "I see..."

Even if I'll have to wait until I die...

For a while it was quiet. He spoke up. "Can you... Stand up...?" Not wanting to be a burden on him, I nodded. I made it halfway, but my knees gave in. As I was about to fall once again, he took hold of my arms and pulled me up. "Maybe... It's better if we sit down for a while...?"

I always will be waiting for him.

I didn't answer. But he still helped me walking towards a bench. "I'll be back in a second." He went. I looked up at the sky. It was grey. Some rain wouldn't be bad, for now...

Always.

Later he came back with two cans in his hand. He opened one for me and out it inside my hands. "It's medical tea. It should help a little bit against your fever." I took a hold of it. It was warm... Just as the fluid which was welling up in my eyes.

"Why..." I finally spoke up. "Why are you so nice to me...? I didn't deserve all of this..." He just looked at me. He opened his can and took a gulp out of it. "People used to be mean at you... Weren't they?" "Eh?" I turned towards him. He was looking up at the sky.

"They beat you up. They invented rumors. They made everyone else also hate you. So you also were mean to them. You kept avoiding others, to prevent from getting hurt, even more. Isn't that so...?" "How do yo-" "But... You didn't deserve all of this, either, Akira. You didn't deserve all of this pain... Suffering... Hatred... But you still kept carrying on. No matter what... You kept coming to school, not looking as if you had any problems. So..." He looked at me and smiled softly. "Why shouldn't you deserve... At least a little bit of kindness...?"
My eyes burnt as I rubbed away my tears. "But lately everything has been so weird. After a while people seemed to forgot what they did to you. And the day after that is happened again. Until they suddendly became your friends. And also you seemed to change... Just... What was going on?" He ruffeled his hair. It was weird. Why would he remember still all of this...?

"Sorry...", I said. "Why are you apologizing?" "Because... I'm making things complicated for you..." And also...

Why wasn't he asking why I lied about moving? Why wasn't he forcing me to see a doctor or go home? And why...

"You don't have to apologize.", he said, softly.

Why was he being so kind...?

It was silent for a while. I took a small gulp of the tea. It was bitter... Suddendly he spoke up. "It must've been painful." "What...?"

With that he stood up. He threw his empty can in the trash right beside the bench. "Sorry for troubeling you, Akira... Don't worry. I won't tell anybody about this." With that he walked ahead. "Akatsu- no... Yukio-kun!" He turned around, his eyes a bit widened in surprise for me, calling him by his first name. "Thanks... Thanks for... For liking me, I mean...", were the last words I said to him. He softly smiled. And waved as he left. And then once again.

I was alone.

[Author's Note]

Whew! Another chapter done! I know I usually don't update twice in a week, unless I forgot to update something. Okay actually when I update on Sunday, it'll be three times this week... However! This chapter is supposed to be my (maybe a little late) christmas gift for you guys! I know, this chapter is mostly about Akira speaking with Akatsuku but I still hope you like my gift ._.

Next update to come on Sunday! See ya until then! (°3°)/