Chapter 11 - I'm okay...

I stepped out of the house and took a deep breath of the fresh air. The rain has already begun. I sat down and watched it. It always relaxed me to watch the rain.

What if these people are lying to me?

I hugged my knees and closed my eyes.

Why would I be depressed anyways? I am used to it...

I opened my eyes as I suddendly heard a small bell ringing. I looked around and saw and onld man standing in the rain. The same old man I met that night... That one who gave me the omamori... He smiled.

As I blinked he dissapeared. Suddendly he stood beside me. I shrieked. "Geez... You scared me, mister!" He just smiled at me. Just as he did last time. He then held out his hand. "What? Giving me another omamori again? Sorry, but those goodluck-charms aren't very useful to me... So just keep it, I would throw it away, anyways..." His smile widened. "You kept the omamori I gave you, didn't you?" I was slightly embarassed.

"How... How did you know?" He sat down beside me. "I know, because I know that you trust him." "Trust who?" He looked at me. "Yato."

My cheeks flushed. I tried to change the subject. "Why is his name on the omamori anyways? He isn't a god, is he?" "He is. And you also know it." "I...! I..." I stopped.

Am I that easy to read...?

"And that's why you should take this." He held out his hand to me once again. I first looked at him, then at his hand. He slowly opened it. It was an amulet. My mother's amulet. "How did you...?!" Tears flowed into my eyes. "I thought, you might need it." He smiled. Once again. I held the amulet thightly in my hand against my chest. I started crying. "Thank you... Thank you so much...!" I felt a hand on my head. "Akira. If you want somebody to help you, you have to trust him." I looked at the man. How did he know my name...? "You have to trust him with your whole heart. He may be the only one who can help you." The man stood up and walked into the rain. "Wait! Who are you anyways?" He grinned and turned his back to me. "It's not that important, is it?" He then dissapeared.

I just sat there. I looked at my amulet and opened it. The picture was still inside of it. More tears flew out of my eyes. I hugged the amulet. "Mother... I know you wouldn't want me to cry, but... I miss you so badly! I don't know what to do anymore...!"

Suddendly I heard the door open. I stood up. It was Yato. "Hey... The others was blaming me for not looking how you were, so... Here I am..." He scratched the back of his head. I put on a smile. "I'm okay." Yato just looked at me. He stepped closer. The next thing I knew was that he held me in his arms. "You don't have to lie." "I... I am not!"

He stroked my hair. "I know you're not okay..." I didn't answer. We stayed like this for a while. "Akira... I can understand that you may not believe what Daikoku just said, but... Your mother died, protecting you and your father. She must have loved both of you..." I didn't answer. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I pushed him away gently. "Thank you, Yato, but I really am okay now. Thanks to you." I smiled. He looked into my eyes with a serious gaze. Then he sighed. "You really are a troublesome one, aren't you...?"

I don't know... Probably I am.

He scratched the back of his head. "Let's go back inside, shall we? The others are waiting."