Notable Newcomer - Part 29

After arriving at the party, there was alcohol set on the tables, solo cups getting prepared for beer pong, music playing in the backyard, but still heard in the house.

People laughing and talking with someone nearby, most of them with some drink in their hand. It wasn't a crazy party but there were a lot of people. They all seemed to know each other and they seem close. Bonding over each other's costumes and how creative people went.

Seavey and I are on a bench outside, slightly away from people. Watching the flames from the rectangle fire pit. The sky darkening and voices getting louder ready to party harder with more alcohol in their system.

"You want to dance again?" I tease

Blondie laughs "no, I'm not good at dancing"

"C'mon it was literally less than 5 minutes" I laugh "no one can judge you from that"

"Wow not even like a no Blondie you're a great dancer" Seavey laughs

"Awww, you said Blondie. That means you like it!" I squeal

"No, I don't like Blondie it just slipped out of my mouth" he defends

"I like Blondie" immediately when I said that I felt my stomach fill with butterflies, his eyes suddenly are so attracting; bright blue ocean eyes, and a sparkle.

"It's better than rich rich" he sighs

"Uh yeah" I pause "not as good as Giraffe" I tease

Blondie gets up playfully tired of my teasing. Instead of following him, I just watch him go around the pool towards people until he turns to me and calls me over by waving his hand slightly moving his arms after, in a little dance. I smile and walk up to him.

He immediately pulls me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist and my arms naturally going around his neck. We sway side to side to the music, a slower song ending and a faster song beginning.

We separate from the hug, hand in hand dancing, and swaying ourselves to the music. The song ends and he spins me around then pulling me close. Our chests pressed against each other. My arms once again around his neck and his arms around my waist holding me closer. Our eyes locked with each other with smiles on our faces. Until he takes a quick glance at my lips. Then he looks up away from me.

I let out a small laugh barely noticeable looking down. I actually thought we were about to-. In a matter of seconds he hums almost questioning my small laugh. I turn my head back to him already staring at me. Were his eyes always this blue?

"I like, Blondie" I whisper

He smiles "I know you do"

"no" I whisper shaking my head a bit "I like you Blondie" I speak going even quieter. He hums, is that good? Is he questioning what I mean? Or did he not here me?

His lips curved into a small smile, getting slighter bigger as he leans in. Naturally and smoothly I lean in too, connecting our lips.

The kiss was sweet and passionate, our lips moving in sync. Any question I had immediately went away. My stomach fluttering with butterflies. That was all in a matter of seconds.

Both of us giddy and letting a small laugh as we separate. Huge smiles on our faces and a tint of pink on both of our cheeks. The feeling I had when we held hands but this time much more stronger.

I looked back up at at him, meeting his gaze. Admiring each other for a little bit. Until he whispers, sending shivers down my spine

"I like you too, y/n" his cheeks gaining an extra shade of pink

I smile once again and he leans in shortly. This kiss was short and sweet still sending a thrill over my body.

The rest of the night was us laughing and dancing. I don't think there was a time when either of us didn't have a smile on our face. Even if there was, whenever we looked at each other. The smile would soon reappear.

I think about the familiar sentence and how it was so easy to say.

"I like your blond hair"

"I like Blondie"

"I like, Blondie"

"I like you Blondie"

Did I like him for that long? Were they right?

Once again my questions soon went away. As I admire his bright ocean blue eyes. Coming back up to me with a huge smile on his face.

We both do look cute, he looks cute.