Thirty Four

The hands running over her skin and the wet spots it left on her afterward was what jerked her awake. She tried to sit up but was pushed back and a body loomed over her. The heat of his skin felt too close. Reaching her hand, she felt his warm, naked skin under her palm. His temperature was going down.

"How long have I been asleep?"

She jumped when she felt his lips touch her neck, lifting her dress up to trail his lips up from her stomach down to her thighs. He shifted and went to kiss her lips. Nova felt his leg nudge hers apart so he could settle between them, fully clothed.

"Vicious," she emitted a groan of protest. "You should be resting."

"Fuck, I know," his voice was hoarser than before, as he rested his forehead against hers. Vicious pulled back from her and Nova followed him, catching his lips with hers to silence the protest that was about to escape his lips. However, he pulled away before she could deepen the kiss. "You're gonna get sick, doll."

"I don't care."

His lips spread with an amused smile. "Yeah, but I kinda do." Then finally laid back down on the bed.

Nova closed her eyes and rubbed her legs to stop the tingles she was feeling. She was positively sure that she was feeling hotter than him, and Nova wanted him even more for arousing these feelings inside her, even when he knew they couldn't do anything until he got better.

"How are you feeling?" she asked after a minute of silence as they recovered from the heated moment they had shared.

Vicious shrugged. "Got the best doctor at hand, what do you think?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Besides giving me blue balls?" He laughed while her face heated up. "You got food?" he asked, noticing the bags on the floor.

She nodded and scrambled out of the bed. "I also went to the pharmacy and got you some meds. You might feel a little drowsy when you take them, but you will feel much better." Her hand reached for the first bag, picking it up as she retreated back to the bed. He watched her with an amused smile playing on his lips. She blanched at that. "What?"

"I love it when you play doctor," he answered with a bite to his lower lip. "You should get inside my head and see what goes on in there—picturing you in nothing but lacy underwear with a stethoscope around your neck. You could do a lot of things with that."

Her eyes took on a dangerous heat before she chewed the inside of her cheek and exhaled loudly. "Stop it," she begged because she couldn't take it if he kept talking about it. Nothing should transpire between them, at least, not until he got better.

"Can't fucking stop, doll. It's been so long since I have tasted you, I almost forgot what you tasted like." His tongue darted out to swipe across his lips, watching the green flecks in his eyes darken further. Her heart began to rise and fall with speed.

Her heart pulsed, but she managed to squash it down enough to glare at him. "Behave," she warned.

She gave him his meds and water to swallow it down with, and when she asked him to open his mouth like a little child, he snorted but complied. They ate the takeouts, and it was at that moment she wanted to ask him about Ben, but if he hadn't told her, he probably didn't want her to know.

"I can't taste shit." She heard him groan out in annoyance and pushed the food away.

She laughed. Such a baby. "You're acting like this is the first time you've been sick, Vic."