Love overpowers everything

Nikki's POV
I can't believe Luke proposed! I'm so happy. I wonder what Aubrey is gonna think... She might say we are to young, but love is stronger than that... Right?

"What are you thinking about baby?" Luke asks placing his hand on my thigh... I blush and look out the window..

"You" I mumble blushing even harder... I hope he doesn't notice.

"Sorry what was that babe?" Luke asks... I can tell he heard me perfectly fine...

I sigh and look at him.. "I was thinking about you." I say calmly. But I blushed when he smiled and looked over at me...

"I love you" Luke said kissing my cheek when we stopped at a stop sign. I blush and lean into his kiss.

"I love you." I say kissing his cheek quickly. I grabbed Luke's hand and gave it a living squeeze. He repeated the action.

We soon pull up to Aubrey's house and I go to open my door, but Luke is already there holding his hand out for me to take. I chuckle and take his hand stepping out of the car. We walk close together..

I walk in with Luke behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist pulling my back to his chest. I smile and look back at him, I put my hands over his... He kisses my lips quickly before resting his chin on my shoulder.

"What's that." Aubrey asked walking in pointing at my finger.. I sigh and pull away from Luke, I kiss him goodbye and watch him go into living room. Liam is probably in there.

"He proposed!" Aubrey fumed. I started getting angry.

"Ya... And I said yes. You have a problem with that?" I ask looking at her fiercely.

"Uh yes I do. You 16 almost 17 and your engaged!" Aubrey shot back. I took a deep breath.

"Ya know.. As my best friend, I thought you would have supported me... But I guess I shouldn't expect much out of anybody. Cause everyone ends up leaving me huh." I say as I try not to cry... My eyes started to sting...

"Yes! Most people do! And maybe Luke will leave you to! I mean someone like him! Really Nikki! He was your bully." Aubrey yelled the last part causing me to flinch...

I let the tears flow. "Love overpowers everything. And as my best friend.... You should know that this is difficult. But no. Everything is about you! What happened to my happiness! I helped you with your date with Liam!" I yelled back and tears flowed back. She just laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Everything is about you! Isn't it! You were stalking us for the love of god! And me and Liam are gonna be happy together!" Aubrey said. I let out a sob.

Her eyes softened... I shook my head. "You wanna be a bitch! Fine be that way. I'm gonna marry the man in that room, because I am in love with him. The past is the past! And you should know this! I forgot about the past! It's time for you to forget to." I say.. I then ran up the stairs and slammed my door. I fell onto my bed, sobs leaving my lips... I knock brought me out of my thoughts.

"What!" I yelled. I heard the person sigh.

"Nikki... I'm sorry... Please please forgive me! I didn't know what I was saying! Me and Liam got in a fight! I shouldn't have brought it out on you. Please let me in." Aubrey said.

Should I let her in? "Fine" I say and stuff my head in my pillow. The door opened and closed. The bed then dipped, letting me know that Aubrey was now sitting next to me.

"I'm so sorry." Aubrey said tears running down her face. I sighed and sat up. I pulled her in for a hug... She sobbed into my shoulder.

"Please! For-forgive me!" Aubrey sighed.. I nodded.

"Of course! Everyone needs a second chance right?" I say rubbing her back..

"I'm happy for you... I hope you and Luke have a happy life. Just promise me one thing.." Aubrey looking up at me.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Promise me you won't forget about me... And you won't just leave me." Aubrey said. I nodded

"I promise" I say. I get off the couch and look at her. "Why did you and Liam get in a fight?" I ask crossing my arms...

"Cause he made lunch for me and I didn't want to eat it." Aubrey said putting her head down in shame. I just sigh and walk out of the room.

I walk into the living room to see Luke and Liam talking intensely. I clear my throat. Luke looks at me and shoots up and runs towards me.

"Baby what's wrong?!" Luke asks cupping my cheek looking me in the eyes. I sigh.

"Me and Aubrey got in a little disagreement. Liam you got mad over the fact that she didn't want to eat what you made?" I say looking at Liam.

He nods and shakes his head. "Where is she?" Liam asks standing up..

"My room... Go to her. She needs you." I say wrapping my arms around Luke.

Liam nods and runs upstairs... "I love you baby. I can't wait to marry you..." Luke said kissing the top of my head...

"I can't wait to be Mrs. Hemmings." I smile up at him. He smiles back and brings his lips to mine. Our lips just lay on each other's. Savoring the moment. We pull away.

"Liam's gonna surprise Aubrey with something." Luke smirks.

I just listen for any sounds... I heard squealing... "Haha that is a yes." Luke laughed. Soon steps are heard running down the stairs.

Aubrey jumped on back causing me to fall to floor.. "OMG omg!! He proposed!!! Ahhhhhhh" Aubrey screamed. I raises an eyebrow at her. She smiled.

Liam walked down and high fives Luke. I shake my head. Men these days.

Aubrey stood up and jumped in Liam's arms. I smiled and stood up. I wrapped my arms around Luke's neck and smiled and him.

He smiled and leaned down and pressed our lips together. I smiled and pulled away. "Who's getting married first?"