Chapter 33 | A Change of Plans

Tenten gave a frustrated sigh. What the hell was she supposed to give Neji?! She had somehow drawn his name from the box, but she had no idea what he'd like. Designer shampoo?

She currently sat at her desk, scrolling through social media stuff on her phone. Neji was currently sitting on his bed with his laptop, scrolling through whatever he liked to look at. It was Sunday, a day after the Secret Santa name drawing. Her phone currently read 3:45 in the afternoon. Ino had planned to drag the entire group to an outdoor Christmas concert later at 7:00 in the evening, and they were to meet in the lobby at 6:30 since they'd all walk there, considering how difficult it would be to find parking spaces.

Deciding she was hungry and in need of a cafe snack, Tenten put her phone and key card in her purse, slipping on a pair of sneakers before headed out the dorm. The hallways of the dorm seemed to have more people walking through them, but perhaps it was because of the holidays and the fact that it was a weekend. She stopped in front of the elevator and clicked the button. It seemed like forever before the doors opened, a few people stepping out and her stepping in, clicking the lobby button. A lady with headphones on stepped in behind her and clicked the second floor button. After the elevator stopped on the second floor and the lady stepped out, a man stepped in, also going to the lobby. Once it reached the lobby, Tenten stepped out and headed towards the cafe. She ordered a chocolate-filled croissant and an iced tea before sitting down at the table. As she ate, she scrolled through her phone. Once she finished eating she threw away her trash and decided the stairs would be quicker than the elevator. The area near the stairs seemed empty. Good, she thought, no interruptions.

Or so she thought.

As she walked up one flight of stairs, she froze. Back pressed against the wall was Aito, who was busy making out with...guess who? Ami. Tenten scowled at the sight. She didn't feel much hurt, just mostly anger. They were still busy and didn't seem to notice her yet. The brunette coughed loudly, causing the two to turn their attention to her.

"Can't you see we're bus-" Ami began but stopped when she saw her.

"Tenten, it's not what it looks like-" Aito said quickly, pushing Ami away.

Tenten chuckled at how badly the man could lie. "It's exactly as it looks like," She snapped, "We're done."

"Wait!" He called out as she began heading up the stairs.

"What?" She asked impatiently.

Before he could say anything, Ami spoke. "You stole my man, now I steal yours. Feel my pain you ugly bitch."

"I don't feel pain, just disappointment," Tenten replied, rolling her eyes as she continued to walk back up the stairs. She could hear footsteps behind her, most likely Aito, so she quickened her pace, finally making it to her floor. She opened the door and slammed it behind her, walking through the hallways and back to her dorm. Sliding her key card into the slot, Tenten then opened the door and went inside. Peeking at the hall one last time, she saw Aito down the hall, heading her way. Oh for goodness sake can't he just leave me alone?! She wondered, scowling as she slammed the door. She dropped her purse down on her desk and jumped onto her bed in frustration.

Neji raised and eyebrow. "What happened?" He asked.

Tenten sighed in reply. "Expect to hear a knock on the door soon." Sure enough, there was soon a knock on the door. Neji moved his laptop aside and got up but Tenten quickly said, "Don't open it."

The knocking continued, however, to the point Tenten got so annoyed that she answered it herself. "I said we're done! I don't give second chances to cheaters like you."

"Please, I promise it won't happen again."

"No. I already said no so stop begging me to-"

"Please, Tenten. I love you. I don't want us to be over."

"Pfft." Tenten wanted to laugh at his stupid words. "If you love me you wouldn't have kissed Ami-"

Aito grabbed her hand and pleaded, "Just give me one more chance-"

"She said no, so leave," Neji snapped, coming towards the door.

He glared at him in reply. "Well, if it isn't Neji Hyuga. Fine, I'll leave for now but I'll be back. And Tenten, you will be mine, just wait-"

Tenten shrugged his hand off of hers and slammed the door in his face. "Ugh, he's so annoying!"

"He acts like Ami," Neji commented.

"How am I ever gonna get rid of him?" She groaned, face palming. Suddenly, an idea popped in her head. "Uh, Neji?"

"Yes?"

"Can we pretend to date again..."

Neji gave a shrug. "I guess so, but we'll tell the group the details this time but make sure they won't tell anyone outside of the group that it's not real. You're doing this so Aito won't bother you as much, right?"

Tenten nodded. "I don't know how far he'd go, but if he thinks I'm taken he'd pester me somewhat less. I still need to block his number." She took her phone out of her purse and saw that it was being spammed with texts from him.

She gave a sigh, muttering, "This is gonna be a long day."